First of all, this is how I do it. We all do stuff differently (a disclaimer if you will).
What I usually do when starting a business is to put criterias down on paper. Starting a business is a creation and all creations have criterias for existing.
When starting a business I could put things like:
-how much should this business cost to start?
-what should I sell?
-what kind of customers do I want to deal with?
-what kind of time input will I give to this?
-How much shall this business create in annual revenue?
-How many customers do I want to deal with each year?
-How much shall the total production cost be for each item produced?
-How much shall I pay for this and this?
-What kind of shipment preferances shall rule in this and that case?
etc.
Very specific stuff. This will work as a criteria sheet and everything that falls outside this sheet is out of the question. It is not part of my creation or the rules of my creation.
It's a little like a nation and how it operates. Each nation has it's own rules. Those who do not want to follow them, do not have do. But they are not really in the gang either and they are not really liked either. And it is not foreign that those who break them are severaly punished for doing so.
This creation thought-pattern works for almost anything. Who you will befriend, what you will read or watch on television, what you will eat or drink, what kind of ideas you will listen to or not etc.
That is why it is fun to create companies. You can create your own small universe and then see who will play ball on your terms. This part is the best part.
Even if I am very spontaneous I have to say that my methods are very similar to a control freak
. I want to be the dominating party, be the God of my own creation. That is why you create. You can't be the God of someone elses creation.
What I usually do when starting a business is to put criterias down on paper. Starting a business is a creation and all creations have criterias for existing.
When starting a business I could put things like:
-how much should this business cost to start?
-what should I sell?
-what kind of customers do I want to deal with?
-what kind of time input will I give to this?
-How much shall this business create in annual revenue?
-How many customers do I want to deal with each year?
-How much shall the total production cost be for each item produced?
-How much shall I pay for this and this?
-What kind of shipment preferances shall rule in this and that case?
etc.
Very specific stuff. This will work as a criteria sheet and everything that falls outside this sheet is out of the question. It is not part of my creation or the rules of my creation.
It's a little like a nation and how it operates. Each nation has it's own rules. Those who do not want to follow them, do not have do. But they are not really in the gang either and they are not really liked either. And it is not foreign that those who break them are severaly punished for doing so.
This creation thought-pattern works for almost anything. Who you will befriend, what you will read or watch on television, what you will eat or drink, what kind of ideas you will listen to or not etc.
That is why it is fun to create companies. You can create your own small universe and then see who will play ball on your terms. This part is the best part.
Even if I am very spontaneous I have to say that my methods are very similar to a control freak
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
