The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How does one find a mentor?

momomaurice

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
I see people talking about how they found a mentor and they help they got from them. How do you find a mentor? When you find a mentor how do you stay in contact with them?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm willing to mentor you to the tune of nearly 30 hours of uninterrupted wisdom.

You game?

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Got a progress thread going?
An intro thread?

13 messages in a year....... start providing value and the mentor may just find you.

ay47

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Mar 29, 2018
I've gotten excellent mentorship in this forum. By going through all the gold threads, then the notable threads. Finding the top contributors I like and just clicking follow. There are also some regulars offering paid mentorship if you want to go down that route.

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO
Books. Podcasts. Interviews. Youtube. Blogs. Conferences.

Anywhere that information is distilled is where you can find mentoring.

Flybye

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Feb 19, 2018
Cuba v2.1 (Miami)
My mentor is my friend from high school with the exact same business as I am starting up. She has been successful for 5+ years, and this is something I should have started a long time ago. She was a good friend I lost touch of, but is one of those types of friends that when you get together, even if you havent seen each other for years, its like you guys never grew apart. I feel having a friend as a mentor is on a totally different level than finding a random. If its a good enough friend, they will always be there just as you would always be there for them.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Let's go champ . If this involves your 2 books then I'm afraid I already read them.

He is talking about the many GOLD and other threads on the forum which constitute mentoring, they'll take you around 30 hours to read 'back to back'.

You obviously mean live mentoring, and I will answer this because I had exactly the same question when I joined this forum. Please don't take offence if I sound blunt, I am referring to what I did as well.

Your question (as it was mine) is as meaningful as 'I want to buy a house, where can I get one?'

It conveys the broad syntax, but it gives no information whatsoever, if I came to you with that question you would probably ask me these, and maybe more questions:

- What's your budget?

- What area do you want to live in?

- What size house are you looking for?

- Do you want an apartment or house?

- Do you want it to be detached, semi-detatched, or terraced?

- Do you want a garden?

and on and on...

Then depending on my answers you could direct me to the kind of estate agent I would need.

Also a good mentor, or rather someone who might use their time to mentor you, wants to know that they are not wasting their time.

So all that's a rather long way of saying, create execution and progress threads once you come up with your solid business idea. Because what a mentor wont do, is say 'yeah you should do this, and here's exactly how to successfully carry it out'.

P.S.

I see you're from Ireland, I'm from the UK so completely get your use of the word 'Champ' as a compliment, however it occurred to me that in American syntax it might be construed as condescending, as I believe it is a term used for kids a lot. Or a pro boxer of course.

Sorry just me being the misunderstandings police :)

momomaurice

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
He is talking about the many GOLD and other threads on the forum which constitute mentoring, they'll take you around 30 hours to read 'back to back'.

You obviously mean live mentoring, and I will answer this because I had exactly the same question when I joined this forum. Please don't take offence if I sound blunt, I am referring to what I did as well.

Your question (as it was mine) is as meaningful as 'I want to buy a house, where can I get one?'

It conveys the broad syntax, but it gives no information whatsoever, if I came to you with that question you would probably ask me these, and maybe more questions:

- What's your budget?

- What area do you want to live in?

- What size house are you looking for?

- Do you want an apartment or house?

- Do you want it to be detached, semi-detatched, or terraced?

- Do you want a garden?

and on and on...

Then depending on my answers you could direct me to the kind of estate agent I would need.

Also a good mentor, or rather someone who might use their time to mentor you, wants to know that they are not wasting their time.

So all that's a rather long way of saying, create execution and progress threads once you come up with your solid business idea. Because what a mentor wont do, is say 'yeah you should do this, and here's exactly how to successfully carry it out'.

P.S.

I see you're from Ireland, I'm from the UK so completely get your use of the word 'Champ' as a compliment, however it occurred to me that in American syntax it might be construed as condescending, as I believe it is a term used for kids a lot. Or a pro boxer of course.

Sorry just me being the misunderstandings police :)

Thanks for the info, I will start going through the gold threads asap. Lets go champ is a quote by the boxer Shannon Briggs haha, no offence intended.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.