The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How Does An Entrepreneur.. Relax

Anything related to matters of the mind

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
But how does one... relax? Does anyone really have the calm/grateful/24-7hustle balance that I've read in so many books?

The hustle never really stops IMO. Even when I'm relaxing, I'm working. Let me explain a little bit....

When I feel stressed out, I hit the gym and sauna.(Almost everyday) In the sauna I shoot the sh!t with others but also network and see if there are any opportunities. (Have gotten a few biz leads through this.)

Another way I relax is a nice celebratory cigar at a cigar lounge....a lot of business and professional guys can be there which leads to potential discussions about businesses, strategies, tips, and possible referrals.

I also love to golf even though my game does not show it. :/ Usually I golf with a friend or 2 and have an additional 2 some or 3 some join us. Introductions are always made and networking occurs.... catching my drift....

Even though I am "relaxing" and doing leisurely activities, I am still finding ways to grow my network and business.

There maybe no "OFF" button on an entrepreneur but it is necessary to take a break from the business at times and have some fun. Your brain and psych needs it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

GuestUserX09

@PaulRobert Totally get the idea your going for. It's like a struggle to want to turn off the hustle and play, but the time wasted just makes me anxious.. But I like that idea, of finding fun activities that can still be business related. I actually went to my first networking event just last week, had a lot of fun while networking too. It wasn't intentional but it was very nice and probably the most acceptable form of relaxation for now if I want to get to where I'm trying to be.

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
I'm very much an all or nothing person. When I start doing something, I throw my ALL into it - to the detriment of my own health, at times. I've very consciously had to 'force' myself to take time to relax to avoid that time being forced on me due to a breakdown or other not very fun things.

I like to relax by playing music, playing a video game or two, reading, meditating and journaling, mostly. I need to add more exercising to that list, that's one part of my life I neglect. ;) And of course, playing with my kids, spending time with my family, and that type of thing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.