The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do you motivate yourself?

Cat Man Du

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 30, 2007
Hi Guys,

Saw this by Tracy and though that I would post it here. How do you keep & stay motivated? The underlines are my editing.

Your Belief Becomes Your Reality
by Brian Tracy

"Money never starts an idea; it's the idea that starts the money." -Mark Victor Hansen
One of the most powerful personal programming activities you can engage in is positive self-talk. Be your own cheerleader and talk to yourself positively all of the time.

The Determinant of Your Success
Perhaps the most powerful single factor in your financial success is your beliefs about yourself and money. We call this the Law of Belief. It says simply this: Whatever you believe, with feeling, becomes your reality. Whatever you intensely believe becomes your reality. That we have a tendency to block out any information coming in to us that is inconsistent with our reality.

What Successful People Believe
What we've discovered is that successful people absolutely believe that they have the ability to succeed. And they will not entertain, think about, or talk about the possibilities that they'll fail. They do not even consider the possibility of failure.
Positive Thinking Versus Positive Knowing
You always act in a matter consistent with your beliefs. The most important belief system you can build is a prosperity consciousness where you absolutely believe that you are going achieve your financial goals. We call this positive knowing versus positive thinking. Positive thinking can sometimes be wishing or hoping. But positive knowing is when you absolutely know that no matter what, you will be successful.

The Foundation of Willpower
Another principle related to your beliefs is willpower. We know that willpower is essential to any success. Willpower is based on confidence. It's based on conviction. It's based on faith. It's based on your belief in your ability to triumph over all obstacles. And you can develop willpower by persistence, by working on your goals, by reading the biographies of successful people, by listening to audio programs, by reading books about people who've achieved success. The more information you take into your mind consistent with success, the more likely it is that you will develop the willpower to push you through the obstacles and difficulties you will experience.

Beat the Odds on Success
Remember that success is rare. Only one person in one hundred becomes wealthy in the course of a lifetime. Only five percent achieve financial independence. That means that the odds against you are 19-to-1. The only way that you're going to achieve your financial goals is if you get really serious. To succeed, you must get serious. You must get busy. You must get active. You must get going. Remember, everything counts.
Resolve to Achieve Greatly

Self-mastery, self-control, and self-discipline are essential for anyone who wants to achieve greatly. And control over your thoughts is the hardest exercise in self-mastery that you will ever engage in. See if you can talk and think about only what you desire and not talk or think about anything that you don't want for 24 hours. Then you'll see what you're really made of. It's a hard thing to do but with practice, you can reach the point where you are thinking about your goals and desires most of the time. Then, your whole life will change for the better.

Action Exercises
Here are two things you can do to build a belief system consistent with the financial success you desire:
First, continually repeat to yourself the words, pictures and thoughts consistent with your dreams and goals. Whatever you repeat often enough, over and over, becomes a new belief.
Second, set a goal for yourself to think and talk only about the things that you want for the next 24 hours. This will be one of the hardest things you ever do. But if you can keep your mind on what you want and off of what you don't want for 24 hours, you can begin to change your entire future.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

dhuang

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 16, 2007
Wow. Amazing stuff! That certainly got my gears going. I'm in the middle of trying to launch a Facebook application, three other websites, my marketing business, as well as some brick and mortar businesses. Now keep in mind, I'm not trying to work all of these at the same time, but I am certainly against the odds.

And when I think about it... I see myself succeeding at all of them!

Excellent advice! Repped++

michael515

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Aug 27, 2007
I motivate myself by taking action when I don't feel like it and it creates momentum to propel me further.

My strategic tapes that I listed to in the car (Brian Tracy is on a few) are a huge part of my mindset too...

Cat Man Du

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 30, 2007
Bump.............. What think ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Pinnacle

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Oct 29, 2007
Edmond, Oklahoma
Napoleon Hill once wrote about creating what he called an "enthusiasm log". Basically, when you naturally feel motivated, you write down the circumstances at that moment inspiring your motivation. In times when you do not feel motivated, you refer to your enthusiasm log either to create the conditions that inspired earlier motivation or create new conditions. It's fun putting stuff like that into practice.

Forbes

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Jun 3, 2010
It amazes me how powerful the mind is. Core principle of becoming successful is thinking you are successful and life just steers itself in that direction.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.