- Joined
- Jan 4, 2008
- Messages
- 173
Rep Bank
$305
$305
User Power: 8%
I have an idea for a site. I've already got a very cool domain. I've got a couple of very cool domains, I'm trying to figure out what I can do with this one.
The idea is that the site will offer services to customers. There is a unique reason why the customers might visit my site to look for the service providers. This may be where I should start...finding out if this unique reason is valuable enough to drive traffic.
But, I'm wondering about the big picture of the whole thing. I can see offering to let service providers list for free in the beginning and eventually charge a fee because they are actually generating leads from the site.
Here's where my inexperience is giving me brain freeze:
How can you even get started with so many potential service providers in something that could be nationwide? It seems like you could begin to get customers to take a look at the site but not have enough providers if any at all to keep an interest and move on. Someone comes to the site to look for an insuance provider in bum flop idaho and of course you've only got two insurance agents in New York signed up for free. I've seen sites like this before and I'm guessing they died on the vine.
I know all the big nationwide sites offering services had to start somewhere somehow. Did they also have a GoZillion dollars to start?
It seems like you could start locally and maybe focus on a few groups of people offering services. And maybe that is the way to go. I'm also guessing that if it did fly locally that some big dogs would swoop in and grab the market. Maybe that would be a good thing because I'll be glad to sell.
:thankyousign:
The idea is that the site will offer services to customers. There is a unique reason why the customers might visit my site to look for the service providers. This may be where I should start...finding out if this unique reason is valuable enough to drive traffic.
But, I'm wondering about the big picture of the whole thing. I can see offering to let service providers list for free in the beginning and eventually charge a fee because they are actually generating leads from the site.
Here's where my inexperience is giving me brain freeze:
How can you even get started with so many potential service providers in something that could be nationwide? It seems like you could begin to get customers to take a look at the site but not have enough providers if any at all to keep an interest and move on. Someone comes to the site to look for an insuance provider in bum flop idaho and of course you've only got two insurance agents in New York signed up for free. I've seen sites like this before and I'm guessing they died on the vine.
I know all the big nationwide sites offering services had to start somewhere somehow. Did they also have a GoZillion dollars to start?
It seems like you could start locally and maybe focus on a few groups of people offering services. And maybe that is the way to go. I'm also guessing that if it did fly locally that some big dogs would swoop in and grab the market. Maybe that would be a good thing because I'll be glad to sell.
:thankyousign:
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
