The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do you make this fly?

PurEnergy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 4, 2008
I have an idea for a site. I've already got a very cool domain. I've got a couple of very cool domains, I'm trying to figure out what I can do with this one.

The idea is that the site will offer services to customers. There is a unique reason why the customers might visit my site to look for the service providers. This may be where I should start...finding out if this unique reason is valuable enough to drive traffic.

But, I'm wondering about the big picture of the whole thing. I can see offering to let service providers list for free in the beginning and eventually charge a fee because they are actually generating leads from the site.

Here's where my inexperience is giving me brain freeze:

How can you even get started with so many potential service providers in something that could be nationwide? It seems like you could begin to get customers to take a look at the site but not have enough providers if any at all to keep an interest and move on. Someone comes to the site to look for an insuance provider in bum flop idaho and of course you've only got two insurance agents in New York signed up for free. I've seen sites like this before and I'm guessing they died on the vine.

I know all the big nationwide sites offering services had to start somewhere somehow. Did they also have a GoZillion dollars to start?

It seems like you could start locally and maybe focus on a few groups of people offering services. And maybe that is the way to go. I'm also guessing that if it did fly locally that some big dogs would swoop in and grab the market. Maybe that would be a good thing because I'll be glad to sell.

:thankyousign:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics