The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do you guys start organized with multiple businesses?

Spikeroo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Aug 17, 2011
Merritt Island, Fl
Hello all, I'm in the process of launching my second venture, and will have a 3rd after that, but I wanted some insight. I wanted to see what method you guys use for multiple businesses. More so the finance aspect of it. For example, if you have 3 different businesses, do you keep 3 different bank accounts? Do you just make 1 business name and like an enterprise and keep them all?

Long story short, what is the best way to keep all 3 business organized?

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
783%
May 5, 2014
Everything should be seperate.

Dont start a second or 3rd venture until you have staff to manage the first.

Focus

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Hello all, I'm in the process of launching my second venture, and will have a 3rd after that, but I wanted some insight. I wanted to see what method you guys use for multiple businesses. More so the finance aspect of it. For example, if you have 3 different businesses, do you keep 3 different bank accounts? Do you just make 1 business name and like an enterprise and keep them all?

Long story short, what is the best way to keep all 3 business organized?

Thanks!
Multiple Business?

I think most of us have to cope with main source of income, side business..and finding time to read and exercise. :(

If you know someone who can do that I am willing to pay to learn.

D

Deleted72597

My plan is to build good systems + attempt a semi-organic growth-oriented, medium-high passivity rate productocracy with little recurring expenses for my first (serious) business, start building the second inside the same business fueled by income from the first business/project, then split assets and move the 2nd business into a separate corporation. Not sure if this is normal or doable, but that's my plan. I intend to do as much as I can within the same business, use similar systems for as much as possible etc. Then transition. There will be a separate infrastructure for each business apart from the financial aspect, so that it's easier to separate later on. But maybe others know something I don't, and I should split everything.
These are my thoughts at least.

I'll use 1 bank account in the beginning, and then rather involve lawyers and financial advisors on going through the right steps to split assets, potentially turn one of them into a holding company, or create a new holding company.

Edit: But I am also blessed with a financial safety net, so my plans are not for anyone.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Michael Burgess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Sep 30, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I'm nobody to look up to or emulate in this matter, but I recently opened up corporations #2 and #3 - they're all managed separately, despite the fact they are integrated in some ways.

Keeping clean books, separate bank accounts, credit cards, CRM's, and KPI's for the companies allows you to actually measure each of them independantly - and know whether or not changes you impose are working or not. I had all three businesses operating through the same corporation before, and it was just a jumbled mess.

I'm only actively paying myself out of one company (my landscaping corporation).

All of the income in my farming business stays in that company, and will be invested back into building the companies infrastructure.

My third business, real estate remodelling & apartment investing, is basically a savings account for me; I perform interior remodelling services for my clients on my "weekend" (Friday - Sunday), and all of the profit is kept in the company until I've saved enough to acquire another multifamily property.

I don't necessarily think operating multiple businesses is actually a good idea for the vast majority of people, but I'm too stubborn and excited about each business to be willing to kill one. So be it!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.