The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do you get people to remember your name for years and years?

G

Guest3722A

I'm starting this thread because I'm wondering if anyone has had any deliberate or by-chance experiences with etching your name into the minds of others for years and years, to the point that they bring you up in their conversations on occasion.

With me, one day years ago I went into a music store and put a drumset on layaway and after I told the sales rep what my name was, he paused for a second and said something like - "hey, are you the guy who in competition played on the walls and on all of the drumsets of the guys you competed against?" After he said this I was in shock for a moment because this happened like 10 years prior, and I laughed and said, "yeah, that was me...why?" and to my complete surprise he said that he and a couple of the other guys were just talking about me earlier that day. And then he laughed and wanted to shake my hand! ...WOW I thought. How cool! And the funny thing from this lesson for me was that this was my last competition for which I uh... got disqualified for obvious reasons but after my masterpiece was finished, I got a standing ovation and the crowd whistled and screamed, and people wanted to hug me, and one of my competitors came up to talk to me for which I apologized, but he said that it was awesome... wtf? I'm a wacko who's waaaay out there in my own little tripped out world and the people loved me, to the point that they remembered my name ten years later!! I didn't win the trophy but I won something on a much greater scale.

Shock value and skill is what worked for me, and caused people to remember my name for years and I'm wondering if anyone else has a story or experience to share where you etched your name into the conversations of others for years to come.

-Topher

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bobo

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Mar 25, 2008
Re: How do you get people to remember your name for years and yea

I think you nailed it. You did something kinda unique and outrageous from the sound of it and it set you apart from the herd.

...Just proves my theory that you don't always have to do something perfectly, as long as you do it colorfully. I kinda go for colorful.

...and yes, I was the guy at the Buffet concert last Saturday in that long tee shirt that has a painted on bikin clad woman's body. ...man are my pecs and glutes sore from being grabbed by drunks!

G

Guest3722A

Re: How do you get people to remember your name for years and yea

i think you nailed it. You did something kinda unique and outrageous from the sound of it and it set you apart from the herd.

...just proves my theory that you don't always have to do something perfectly, as long as you do it colorfully. I kinda go for colorful.

...and yes, i was the guy at the buffet concert last saturday in that long tee shirt that has a painted on bikin clad woman's body. ...man are my pecs and glutes sore from being grabbed by drunks!

lmao!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.