The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do you find resellers?

Décio Costa

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Apr 15, 2019
Hello everyone,

Some time ago I posted here asking if my store was ready or not to launch. Since then, we launched and have been working just fine. Thing is, I wanna scale it up and find some physical stores to sell my brand and products.
What's the best approach to find potential stores? I don't go out that much so I don't know a lot of shops from the top of my head, even less from other cities/countries.

Thanks if you took the time to read!
www.gwerystore.com

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
Northshore area, New Orleans
Hello everyone,

Some time ago I posted here asking if my store was ready or not to launch. Since then, we launched and have been working just fine. Thing is, I wanna scale it up and find some physical stores to sell my brand and products.
What's the best approach to find potential stores? I don't go out that much so I don't know a lot of shops from the top of my head, even less from other cities/countries.

Thanks if you took the time to read!
www.gwerystore.com
Big buying conventions like they have in Dallas Tx and I'm sure all over. Pretty much convince someone who rents a showroom at these warehouses that they could sell your products and they will put you in the showroom with a few other brands they represent. If someone likes your stuff they could put you in some stores. This is how my coworker's wife got in 200+ boutique stores. This was 5 years ago and not sure how Covid as affected the showrooms. Another friends wife finds small influencers that have a high engagement rate (rather than high amount of followers) and works out a deal with them. She says a lot of times they didn't even ask for compensation as they loved the product. She would get $5-15k in sale orders like this, get the girls over to fulfill, then look for another.

Décio Costa

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Apr 15, 2019
Big buying conventions like they have in Dallas Tx and I'm sure all over. Pretty much convince someone who rents a showroom at these warehouses that they could sell your products and they will put you in the showroom with a few other brands they represent. If someone likes your stuff they could put you in some stores. This is how my coworker's wife got in 200+ boutique stores. This was 5 years ago and not sure how Covid as affected the showrooms. Another friends wife finds small influencers that have a high engagement rate (rather than high amount of followers) and works out a deal with them. She says a lot of times they didn't even ask for compensation as they loved the product. She would get $5-15k in sale orders like this, get the girls over to fulfill, then look for another.
That's solid advice, but I believe most of these street shops don't go to these showrooms :\

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
That's solid advice, but I believe most of these street shops don't go to these showrooms :\

So go to the street shops directly.

There's no "one way" to get your products into the world. There are multiple and what you choose to do is largely based on your strategy/time/effort/finances.

You could cold call every shop, one by one, and talk to the owner/buyer/manager about your product and literally win business store by store.

Or you could find wholesalers / distributors who will buy your product at a steep discount and sell it down the line to retailers.

Or you could go to tradeshows and hope the buyers find you.

Or you could do the showroom route, as mentioned.

Or you could hire sales staff to win business for you.

Or you could approach a big box store about it.

Or you can use affiliate marketers.

This is the "work" part of the business that requires you to put your strategy and hustle hats on and sell, sell, sell. You don't have a business without sales, no matter how nice your product is. You can have the best website, best products, best reviews, best price, best everything but if you don't know how to sell your products, you will fail.

Every options has a pro/con. Selling store by store will have better margins than using a distributor but it's a lot more time/effort and you'll move a lot fewer units at a time (generally speaking, as a random example).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.