The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do people get into the "Business mindset"?!

Anything related to matters of the mind

Arma

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
May 22, 2023
I'm hearing all around about the type of people that see a fixable problem (a.k.a. a business idea) everywhere they go, having a so-called "Business mindset" and being a wantrepreneur with a concerningly hard time coming up with business ideas, I want to know... How does one achieve this "business mindset" or how to think about idea generation and how to generate them aswell...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Robdavis

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
I'm hearing all around about the type of people that see a fixable problem (a.k.a. a business idea) everywhere they go, having a so-called "Business mindset" and being a wantrepreneur with a concerningly hard time coming up with business ideas, I want to know... How does one achieve this "business mindset" or how to think about idea generation and how to generate them aswell...
By talking to / communicating with your customers / potential customers.

Watch this video and you should start to get the idea:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2m6JkJvv4w

Jeix

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Oct 1, 2018
Milan, Italy
I don't know exactly how, I think it has to do with being imaginative and creative, to a degree. Or at least that's how it is for me.

I've been on holiday for the past two weeks and we went to a lot of small shops to get food. They were all slow and run by families who were passionate about the food but not about business. The improvements they could have made were easy to spot.

One store had a huge line for sandwiches because they only had 1 slicing machine and the bread counter was elsewhere. They need to streamline the process and funnel people through a subway-type assembly line. A second slicing machine is definitely needed.

Another store had a big line for baked products, a lot of people were wasting time asking repeatedly what was in each product. The easiest solution is to put up signs in front of every product that tell you what it is, what's in it, what its allergens are and how much it costs so that people already know what they want and all they have to do is point and move along to the register.

Noticing and solving these problems is just a mental exercise because the businesses aren't yours so ultimately there's nothing you can do.
What you can do is promise yourself you'll be as attentive as possible while running your own business to notice these things from your competitors and beat them at it.
For example, in my field competitors weren't offering food and drinks in their hobby stores, they didn't have free wifi and sometimes they would charge people to sit down. I hated these things as a customer so I fixed them in my store. Again, this doesn't translate automatically to billionaire status. It's a small improvement in a long series that will need to be kept up for many years to achieve financial freedom and a 6-figure exit down the line (I'm thinking 5-7 years).

Best of luck.

Arma

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
May 22, 2023
I don't know exactly how, I think it has to do with being imaginative and creative, to a degree. Or at least that's how it is for me.

I've been on holiday for the past two weeks and we went to a lot of small shops to get food. They were all slow and run by families who were passionate about the food but not about business. The improvements they could have made were easy to spot.

One store had a huge line for sandwiches because they only had 1 slicing machine and the bread counter was elsewhere. They need to streamline the process and funnel people through a subway-type assembly line. A second slicing machine is definitely needed.

Another store had a big line for baked products, a lot of people were wasting time asking repeatedly what was in each product. The easiest solution is to put up signs in front of every product that tell you what it is, what's in it, what its allergens are and how much it costs so that people already know what they want and all they have to do is point and move along to the register.

Noticing and solving these problems is just a mental exercise because the businesses aren't yours so ultimately there's nothing you can do.
What you can do is promise yourself you'll be as attentive as possible while running your own business to notice these things from your competitors and beat them at it.
For example, in my field competitors weren't offering food and drinks in their hobby stores, they didn't have free wifi and sometimes they would charge people to sit down. I hated these things as a customer so I fixed them in my store. Again, this doesn't translate automatically to billionaire status. It's a small improvement in a long series that will need to be kept up for many years to achieve financial freedom and a 6-figure exit down the line (I'm thinking 5-7 years).

Best of luck.
But when you first cake up with an idea, how was it? Did you accumulate enough bad experiences from everyone around you or enough of your own ir was it just an idea that came to you apparently from nowhere??

Jeix

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Oct 1, 2018
Milan, Italy
But when you first cake up with an idea, how was it? Did you accumulate enough bad experiences from everyone around you or enough of your own ir was it just an idea that came to you apparently from nowhere??
Our survival instinct makes us natural problem solvers. If you see something high up on a shelf that you can't reach, your brain will automatically think of the most energy-efficient way to get it. Should you step on a chair? Get a ladder? Climb the shelf? Make the item fall down?
All living creatures share this nature, it really is nothing special.

Whenever you find something you don't like, try to think on how you'd change it. Complaining about something without offering your solution is meaningless. However, as a business owner, you'll hear tons of meaningless complaints and whining like this and it will be up to you to find a solution.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I'm hearing all around about the type of people that see a fixable problem (a.k.a. a business idea) everywhere they go

Simple. Whenever you see anyone selling anything, ask yourself: who buys this? Why are they buying this? How much might it cost to make? How much are they selling it for? How many people might come into this place today? How much is this business/location/person making? What could they be doing differently that could make them more money?

Doesn't matter if you're right or wrong, because the more you do business the more you'll be right.

being a wantrepreneur with a concerningly hard time coming up with business ideas
You don't need business ideas to do business. You just need to do business. How do you do business with no ideas? Copy another business that you think sucks yet makes a lot of money & try to do it better. You'll fail at first, so act, assess, adjust.

How does one achieve this "business mindset" or how to think about idea generation and how to generate them aswell
You don't achieve a mindset, you train it. You do that by asking those questions I listed above. Every time you go shopping. Every time you buy food. Every time you see something you like online. Be curious about how money moves.

Arma

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
May 22, 2023
By talking to / communicating with your customers / potential customers.

Watch this video and you should start to get the idea:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2m6JkJvv4w

Simple. Whenever you see anyone selling anything, ask yourself: who buys this? Why are they buying this? How much might it cost to make? How much are they selling it for? How many people might come into this place today? How much is this business/location/person making? What could they be doing differently that could make them more money?

Doesn't matter if you're right or wrong, because the more you do business the more you'll be right.

You don't need business ideas to do business. You just need to do business. How do you do business with no ideas? Copy another business that you think sucks yet makes a lot of money & try to do it better. You'll fail at first, so act, assess, adjust.

You don't achieve a mindset, you train it. You do that by asking those questions I listed above. Every time you go shopping. Every time you buy food. Every time you see something you like online. Be curious about how money moves.
Brotha, you are making some great, clear and concise points. Thank you so much!

Tyler_Durden

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Aug 14, 2023
through my experience I think that to get a specific "mindset" is something that develops overtime and never really ends, read books and think a lot.
Make sure that you pay attention to the right sources. To read the Millionaire Fastlane instead of watching Rick and Morty will help you to develop a producer mindset. To take time and to think about a Problem will probably help you to get the so called "Business Mindset". There is no magic pill that suddently will give you the right mindset. The process for that is to have the right influences(like books, good Youtubers, friends, family and rolemodels) and to actually do what you want to archieve.

Just start some business, discover the problems and look for ways to fix them.
To be an Enterpreneur is a bit like a Martial Art. You train, you discover some flaws, you correct them, repeat!

I did not became a better kickboxer through thinking about mindsets, I got my a$$ whooped, than I reviewed the sparring, than I corrected them(through training and visualization) and then I tried. again.

All in all just start some business, review your process, correct the flaws and then continue and repeat.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.