The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do I go Fastlane as an Attorney?

rhyeal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Sep 5, 2019
Anchorage, AK
A local lawyer went fastlane with his practice by switching to pay for access, not pay per hour. It's a 24 month, $100 / mo commitment. He targets people starting companies. It's the 1-4 person company that needs their basic operating agreement and LLC filing.

His sales cycle is:
- Give a presentation (it's actually just available online now)
- Send them a book that he wrote
- Get them signed up
- Clients contact him as needed, which is usually once or twice a year for a contract dispute or billing dispute...aka easy lawyer stuff

He's had to tell business incubators around here to stop sending him people because his practice has hit it's upper limit for just him.

Now, the better fastlane version would be to scale up the number of lawyers OR franchise the model out to other lawyers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attila77

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Dec 8, 2018
Hello

I have read Millionaire Fastlane x2.

I am aware that MJ talks about exponentially increasing personal value so that third parties can you pay you large amounts for your service.

He also talks about taking cases that result in large payouts.

Other than these 2, are there any other suggestions from the tribe?

Curious,

My idea is to specialize.

In Hungary there is a guy who calls himself the “Lawyer for Internet businesses”. He speaks on marketing conferences for web entrepreneurs, has a website and shares his free advice for website owners.

As no one else does this, he is considered the No 1. guy when it comes to legal advice for internet business owners. He makes a lot of money with this technique.

If I was a lawyer I would do something similar.

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Oct 27, 2014
where eagles dare
I always assumed the lawyers who rake in the big bucks are those whose clients are suing for tens, or even hundreds of millions, and they're getting a fat piece of that cake if they win the case. No?

Edit: Just read OP again and saw that you already mentioned that, my bad

KenCorigliano

TCMethod
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jan 29, 2020
Washington DC area
Hello

I am aware that MJ talks about exponentially increasing personal value so that third parties can you pay you large amounts for your service.

Curious,

I say you call yourself the "Fastlane Lawfirm" and offer your services here for free, at least initially. The buzz that will ensue will bring clients banging down your door and only second to the exposure you will get to those living the Fastlane already.

My useless two cents.

Ken

KenCorigliano

TCMethod
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jan 29, 2020
Washington DC area
I say you call yourself the "Fastlane Lawfirm" and offer your services here for free, at least initially. The buzz that will ensue will bring clients banging down your door and only second to the exposure you will get to those living the Fastlane already.

My useless two cents.

Ken
I just checked and fastlane.law is available and really cheap. So is fastlanelawfirm.com. I'll get it for you if you don't have the ways.

This would be pretty cool and think of all the help you would be giving people on here. I know I'd love you.

Boom

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
584%
Dec 8, 2011
Oklahoma City
Partner with an investor.

Leverage your customers.

Offer your services for equity in a residual business.

Kepler

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Mar 4, 2015
Scottsdale
Pick a service that you offer, which you could sub out to your fellow lawyers or paralegals.

Offer it at a flat rate and market the service bundle like it’s a product.

Sit back and collect money as referrals

Drive2Riches

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 18, 2014
Washington
I'd go full Tai Lopez and start teaching people specific law "bundles" for "cheap"
No. Should not be "cheap." Know your value. You wanna be the Neiman Marcus of law firms, not the Walmart.

Document templates? Any way to productize your service?
Yep. THIS IS HOW.

Automating your practice is also very simple to do and can increase your caseload immensely.

This guy I recently heard of - Sam Molleai. He never meets his clients one-on-one. He is tech savvy and puts everything into packages. Recorded all his stuff already, and knows what the top five most popular questions from clients are, and they gladly pay for his video about a specific topic. Plus he does Zoom calls and email correspondence.

He has a funnel where he asks clients to put out a review and they love to do it, and he has a thousand 5star reviews.

legalfunnel.com

Business Entrepreneur Law is his focus.

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
No. Should not be "cheap." Know your value. You wanna be the Neiman Marcus of law firms, not the Walmart.

Yep. THIS IS HOW.

This guy I recently heard of - Sam Molleai. He never meets his clients one-on-one. He is tech savvy and puts everything into packages. Recorded all his stuff already, and knows what the top five most popular questions from clients are, and they gladly pay for his video about a specific topic. Plus he does Zoom calls and email correspondence.

He has a funnel where he asks clients to put out a review and they love to do it, and he has a thousand 5star reviews.

legalfunnel.com

I put cheap in between quotation marks for a reason. Cheap can be a $5000 bundle. It's all about perceived value. 5 grand is cheap if the customer believes it's worth $20k.

Rchene4

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 24, 2020
Louisiana
FYI in most states that's against BAR regulations.

To OP I'm building a SaaS in the legal field if you have any questions or want to know more just let me know. Automating your practice is also very simple to do and can increase your caseload immensely.
What’s your sass? Also what’s your automation strategy for firms?

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
What’s your sass? Also what’s your automation strategy for firms?
The SaaS is legal automation. Lots of firms are held together by Zapier and/or Integromat which if you have ever used either, aren't the most reliable tools.

We are in early dev but we have worked with firms to automate transcriptions, billing, intake, document storage, review requests, and filing procedures.

We work specifically with law firms that use Clio.

KenCorigliano

TCMethod
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jan 29, 2020
Washington DC area

Yep. THIS IS HOW.

legalfunnel.com

Walmart does +$1 billon a day. Bigger than Amazon and Neiman Marcus together, even including Alibaba or two Amazons together or 100 Neiman Marcus'. The point is to add value and ignore people's irrelevant advice on here. Only you have the complete details of your life and business.

Drive2Riches

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 18, 2014
Washington
"I'm the Walmart of the legal profession" sounds much different than "I'm the Nieman Marcus of the law profession"

Walmart is great for buying storage bins or a basketball. Comparing Neiman Marcus to Walmart implies purchasing clothing, which is an important distinction in the analogy with legal advice.

For legal advice, cheap screams risky. Value perception is everything.

Walmart does +$1 billon a day.
offer your services here for free,
The point is to add value and ignore people's irrelevant advice on here.

D

Deleted78083

I know a lawyer which created a website to let random people ask legal questions for a smaller fee. It grew exponentially and he started hiring more lawyers to answer people. Lawyer services are rather expensive, how could you decrease that?

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
I know a lawyer which created a website to let random people ask legal questions for a smaller fee. It grew exponentially and he started hiring more lawyers to answer people. Lawyer services are rather expensive, how could you decrease that?

I'm trying to do the same as a doctor. But I'd imagine I'd be less successful, as:

1) Doctor fees are less $$ to begin with
2) You can't do physical exams online
3) There are competing platforms that lets you ask questions for free though I don't know how good they are

Is it possible to have the link to the lawyer's site to have a look? :p

D

Deleted78083

I'm trying to do the same as a doctor. But I'd imagine I'd be less successful, as:

3) There are competing platforms that lets you ask questions for free though I don't know how good they are

Where do you live? I heard there is a company in the US specialized in digital consultancy, you could see what needs to be improved in the concept or ask people that use it what misses.

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
Where do you live? I heard there is a company in the US specialized in digital consultancy, you could see what needs to be improved in the concept or ask people that use it what misses.

I don't live in the States. Any way to contact them online? :p

KenCorigliano

TCMethod
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jan 29, 2020
Washington DC area

Looks like you're getting your opportunity

watchopt

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
May 5, 2020
us
Hello

Curious,
How about a side hustle, that might do better than your practice, that is some what based off or provides value for something along the line of work you are in? On YouTube you can find a lock picking lawyer who has a substantial library, and looks like he is having fun. How did your search turnout? Did you enter the fastlane?

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Pursue literally any business where being a lawyer is advantageous. Real estate, oil and gas, patents and inventions (new technologies) all fit the bill. Anything healthcare related would fit the bill. Investment-related? You get the idea.

You're a lawyer, so you should be able to figure out tougher legal issues than your average entrepreneur. Look at Charlie Munger. You don't need to practice law - you need to go into business, and use your skills and knowledge.

I know that 100 years ago, many of the biggest industrialists and oil men were actually lawyers. They knew how to get the contracts and mineral rights for the drilling, how to structure big deals, information and knowledge most people had zero access to. (Look up Howard Hughes' father)

Be creative.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.