• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

How do I come up with a product to sell?

Discussion in 'Ideas, Needs, Concept Feedback' started by JLE, Dec 4, 2018.

1. JLE

JLE New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $19
    I have nearly no money ($300), no business experience, no knowledge of any niche fields, no idea how to know what would be a good product to sell rather than a bad product to sell.

But I do have a lot of ambition. I also realize I need to PULL rather than PUSH, and that I should follow CENTS. I know I need more than ambition and that knowledge though -- I need action -- and I'm ready to execute.

I'd like to stick to ecommerce.

How do I find a product worth selling, and that I know I can make a profit off of?

Fastlane Liam likes this.
  2. ryanbleau

ryanbleau Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,295
    Find a need. fulfil it. Call 100 businesses and ask what service or product would help their business.

JH23 and Liam like this.
  3. Liam

Liam New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $46
    Depends if you want a brand new product or an updated existing product?

Look at the things you buy and think of any issues you’ve had with them e.g. buying a pedal bin but the pedal is too small or the bin doesn’t close snugly meaning smells escape from it. These are opportunities.

As long as the cost of sales outweighs the cost of purchase there will be profit. Whether there is enough profit to make it worth your time is something only you can decide.

4. eliquid

eliquid ( Jason Brown ) Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $45,094
    What are you an authority in?

What itch can you scratch of your own?

5. GradyS

GradyS Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $207
  6. jjessec

jjessec PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $2
    You can never really know what will sell and what will not it is just fact. You will have to test products so in my opinion e-commerce with $300 is not a good idea. With e-commerce you do not only have to pay for ads and marketing but you have to pay for your website and you have to pay for inventory. In my opinion, I would just start by selling other peoples products through affiliate marketing as, if you can sell other peoples products then you can sell your own with e-commerce. Now if you want to stick with it my advice to find a product is do not re-invent the wheel sell something that is not too saturated that has worked in the past. You can find this one facebook by looking through posts people have made.

Hope this helped!
    -Jesse
    therevenueessentials.com

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.