The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do all of you invest your money?

B1ake

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 25, 2014
Buy and hold stocks. US only. Currently have 6 companies in portfolio.
If that's what you're asking.
You know there is a difference between investing and trading (speculating).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ArthurDayne

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
May 22, 2014
Hong Kong
I invest my money in stocks that provide a deep value opportunity, in fairly concentrated positions. I completely ignore bullsh*t hype that most retail investors flock to without thinking. Everyone's buying unprofitable 3D printer companies with no revenue? I'm happy to sit that out.

I buy things that people are afraid to buy, which is why they're >50% cheaper than they should be. I keep a decent pile of cash on the side to use when others are fearful, which presents opportunities. People aren't fearful right now, which is why I've got more cash sitting around than usual. But these things work in cycles, so patience is key.

At the end of the day, it's more about mental fortitude than analytical accuracy. I'm doing my homework but benefiting from others' emotions as much as anything else.

My job is as an analyst in a billion-dollar fund that makes being that aggressive more difficult - which is why I pursue deep value with my own money instead.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.