The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How billionaires manage their time

Anything related to matters of the mind

Tony I

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Apr 9, 2013
MA
Came across this video by Darren Hardy, owner of success magazine. He interviewed numerous billionaires (richard branson, steve jobs, warren buffet) and asked for their best piece of advice.

This video is over an hour long, but its absolute gold.

The common theme:

1. Do less. Focus.
2. These super achievers are world class at a few things. They use leverage/people for everything else. This is how Branson manages over 400 companies.

How to do it:

Identify your top 3 VITAL activities in your business that only you can do. Outsource/hire for everything else.

"deciding what not to do is as important as deciding what to do. Its true for companies, and true for people"-Steve Jobs

he asked warren buffet his #1 key to success: "for every 100 great opportunities brought to me, I say no to 99 of them"

"Nike is an idea factory, but my priority as CEO is to edit and focus." -Mark Parker, CEO of Nike

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

James Bond

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Mar 10, 2016
Great video.

Darren Hardy says that the superachievers focus on 1 - 3 things and are mediocre on most things

I personally would like to focus on 5 - 10 things, because I want to be a complete human being and be successful at religion, carreer, health, finance, relationship and knowledge. I rather be successful at 5 - 10 things and be a millionaire than be successful at 1 - 3 and be a billionaire.

Darren Hardy book The Compound Effect is my favorite book. When I read it last year and listen to the audio book my life improved alot.
Link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/159315724X/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Darko Jocic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jul 14, 2014
Serbia
I can't quite remember the name, or the exact quote, but...

There was this interview with some billionaire guy, and the reporter asked him: "How do you manage your time?"

"How do I manage my time?" the billionaire was taken aback. "Well, time cannot be managed. I just write what I have to do in the evening, get up in the morning, and do it."

I'm really liking the memory of it, so I decided to share it. If anyone can point me back to the mentioned interview, I'd be mighty grateful.

D

Deleted20833

Good reminder to focus, I was just talking to my friend
who wants to open 3 separate businesses at once and
I'm like idk man, wealthy people suggest you focus on
one thing..of course he brushed off my comment

StompingAcorns

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Dec 11, 2015
Southeastern U.S.
How to do it:

Identify your top 3 VITAL activities in your business that only you can do. Outsource/hire for everything else.

"deciding what not to do is as important as deciding what to do. Its true for companies, and true for people"-Steve Jobs

I'm on his daily email list, and he recently did an hour video with similar content. I had already identified my 3 goals for this year, so when I did my planning this week, I wrote them down, along with "Misc" and listed everything I wanted to do this week into one of those 4 categories. It's an eye opening exercise.

Plus, I have way too many goals, way too much stuff I'm trying to do. I actually created about 9 categories that all my goals fell into. Focus, focus, focus.

Tony I

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Apr 9, 2013
MA
I'm on his daily email list, and he recently did an hour video with similar content. I had already identified my 3 goals for this year, so when I did my planning this week, I wrote them down, along with "Misc" and listed everything I wanted to do this week into one of those 4 categories. It's an eye opening exercise.

Right after watching the video I determined my 3 top goals, then created a system where I have 3 daily tasks that directly relate to these goals.

Its amazing how much clarity this provides you with. As long as I follow this system, achieving the goals is almost a certainty.

I personally would like to focus on 5 - 10 things, because I want to be a complete human being and be successful at religion, carreer, health, finance, relationship and knowledge. I rather be successful at 5 - 10 things and be a millionaire than be successful at 1 - 3 and be a billionaire.

Like he mentions, you have to decide what you want to give up. I think his main point is most people try to be good at 5-10 things and as a result end up as average.

The focusing on 1-3 things gives you the competitive advantage, because most people do the opposite.

James Bond

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Mar 10, 2016
Like he mentions, you have to decide what you want to give up. I think his main point is most people try to be good at 5-10 things and as a result end up as average.

The focusing on 1-3 things gives you the competitive advantage, because most people do the opposite.

I now also have 3 things. It seems to be better than 5 - 10 things and 1 thing is not enough for me.

StompingAcorns

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Dec 11, 2015
Southeastern U.S.
This is a similar idea.

I read the book and I find his One Question to be very illuminating. I think about it daily, and it gives me clarity on importance and priorities.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.