The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How A Kid Earned $2 Mil Before He Could Legally Drink – And The S

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
Re: How A Kid Earned $2 Mil Before He Could Legally Drink – And T

Great story, the video was very interesting to watch! Thanks for posting. :)

imoutthere

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jan 21, 2009
Va

awesome site.

You should also check out the interview of the owner of the site. He made his green with e-cards..

Great story.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ

Welcome aboard Andrew!!! You are definitely amongst your own kind here! Thanks for sharing your story in that interview. You seem to have plenty of creativity and ambition to suceed again so a setback like that at such a young age will someday be a distant memory! I am sure youll come back better than ever!

Good luck and keep us posted! :)

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

Hey guys, glad you liked the video! :)

Thanks for dropping in! There is a section here about success and failure stories. You might post s copy or link to the copy on your blog there. they get a ton of traffic and are inspiration for many start up and new guys. I would link you if i knew where it was, LOL.

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ

Thanks for dropping in! There is a section here about success and failure stories. You might post s copy or link to the copy on your blog there. they get a ton of traffic and are inspiration for many start up and new guys. I would link you if i knew where it was, LOL.

Link is below :)

Failure, Mistakes, and Goofs - Millionaire Entrepreneur Forum

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009

It would be great if You, Andrew could stick around! Great place here!! Would be a chance for guys like me who are just aspiring entrepreneurs to learn from successful and experienced guys on web biz like you!

Cheers

andrewfashion

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 12, 2009

Definitely, thanks for the positive feedback guys. Ya, I had a pretty rough down fall, and was pretty stupid with my money, but I just raised another 75k for beModel.com, and meeting with another investor tonight, hopefully I can close a little more money.

Look forward to beModel, gonna renovate like nobody's business! Indians didn't do it how it was suppose to be! Hah.

Well if you have any questions, let me know guys, I'll be sure to hop around here and see what's going on!

Follow my blog if you want, I blog a lot! 310andrewfashion [dot] com

StreetsofSilver

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 4, 2008
PA

Andrew, thank you for sharing your story. Very inspirational. I am glad that you learned from your mistakes and did not allow it to set you back. I think that you will like this forum. A lot of people on here have the Rich Dad mentality. Keep moving ahead and you will come back 10 times stronger!

lightweight99

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Nov 13, 2009
Kentucky

Awesome to see you on here Andrew. Interesting blog as well. Bemodel looks like a boomer, GOOD LUCK!

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

Definitely, thanks for the positive feedback guys. Ya, I had a pretty rough down fall, and was pretty stupid with my money, but I just raised another 75k for beModel.com, and meeting with another investor tonight, hopefully I can close a little more money.

Look forward to beModel, gonna renovate like nobody's business! Indians didn't do it how it was suppose to be! Hah.

Well if you have any questions, let me know guys, I'll be sure to hop around here and see what's going on!

Follow my blog if you want, I blog a lot! 310andrewfashion [dot] com

Good luck on the deal tonight. Couple questions that have been asked around here that you may be able to answer.

When you started getting friends on myspace, what was the ah ha moment on the websites?
Did you hand code them or did you use some money to hire some out as well?
Was there a period where you felt like what you were doing wasnt working or did you just do it because it was fun and then monetized it?
What drove you to th next level? networing, drive to bring in traffic, or did it fall into place with opportunity?

I see a lot of these type of questions here of people starting out online and just over analyzing things, maybe you could clear some of that up coming from some success.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine

Rags to riches to rags. What's cool about this story is I know how it ends... haha

Of course he can pull it off again. It's a mindset. He did it once, he'll do it again. This time around he should give the money to me :smxB:

No.. I am not saying you can't buy things you love but sometimes unfortunate things happen. I would say learn to take your money and reinvest it in many things so you don't have all your eggs in one basket. He had a great basket of eggs but once it tipped it was over. Literally. Having a plan to diversify would be wise this time around.

:icon_super:

andrewfashion

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 12, 2009

Good luck on the deal tonight. Couple questions that have been asked around here that you may be able to answer.

When you started getting friends on myspace, what was the ah ha moment on the websites?
Did you hand code them or did you use some money to hire some out as well?
Was there a period where you felt like what you were doing wasnt working or did you just do it because it was fun and then monetized it?
What drove you to th next level? networing, drive to bring in traffic, or did it fall into place with opportunity?

I see a lot of these type of questions here of people starting out online and just over analyzing things, maybe you could clear some of that up coming from some success.

Well, the friends whoring was the first thing I started doing for traffic, and once that started getting me traffic, that was the ah-ha moment, and I started expanding quick, getting more friends, getting more friends to post for me.

That's also where I started implementing little buttons in the corners in the html/css code users would copy to their profile. So when they copied my code over, a little link back came back to my site.

Back at that time, I was programming hardcore, I did everything myself. PHP, JavaScript, everything was done by me, the entire website, which was a big big website with a lot of generators at the time.

At the end, I felt like what I was doing wasn't working. In the beginning everything was great, till I changed my site design & URL structure, and fell off google.

Naturally with linkbacks from users grabbing CSS code, I was gaining thousands of backlinks from myspace profiles, bringing me traffic, as well as traffic from bulletin posts. I started doing small SEO steps for "myspace layouts, myspace codes, myspace generators, etc..." Those were the 3 biggest. Everything started to fall into place since I started early, gained a lot of traffic, and had thousands of back links.

It was law of attraction (wanting to be rich so bad), in alignment with hard work, and of course timing, catching the wave before it started, some may say catching the wave is luck, but some also say you create your own luck. Had I not had programming skills to build a profile generator, let alone a full fledged MySpace community help site, I would never been there.

Had the Aussi guy not ripped me, it wouldn't of saturated the market as quick... He flooded the market with rips of my hours of coding, hours of coding.

:)

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007

Before you ball, ya gotta fall.

Great story Andrew! I still can't believe you didn't 301 the old urls. :blush:

What are you doing to put beModel on the map? Come on, it ain't the bulletins and whores this time! lol ;)

I want Andrew (mixergy) to interview our boss here who started this forum... great story, chitown kid, moved cross country with nothing, ebiz, cashed out for close to 8 figures.

What is the best way to get in touch with him about this?

What's in it for him (mixergy)? Willing participant (I already asked), awesome story super targeted for his audience, and he'll pick up an easy few hundred users from this forum alone.

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA

andrew on the mixergy site, they have your model site as beemodel.com, have em correct that, so people who read the interview can go to the acutally and correct site.

mtnman@twitter whoring. lol

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina

A bit off topic, but I have 2 questions.

1) When making $150k+ per month, why would you choose a 330xi?

2) What color M6??? Coupe or Vert?? and SMG or 6 speed.

That is all.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

I want Andrew (mixergy) to interview our boss here who started this forum... great story, chitown kid, moved cross country with nothing, ebiz, cashed out for close to 8 figures.

I'd do the interview, but I'd probably decline until my book is in print. Some awesome info in here, great work guys. :urock2:

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN

^yea, it would be interesting to hear what you would have to say. It also wouldn't help out this site too :)

I guess you better get to working on your book some more.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009

I'd do the interview, but I'd probably decline until my book is in print. Some awesome info in here, great work guys. :urock2:

I think you could easily agree with Andrew Warner on the timing, he could post it later than it happens. Let's hope the interview will happen!!

andrewfashion

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 12, 2009

A bit off topic, but I have 2 questions.

1) When making $150k+ per month, why would you choose a 330xi?

2) What color M6??? Coupe or Vert?? and SMG or 6 speed.

That is all.

1) Well that was teh car I really wanted, and it was just my first check.

2) Black coupe, SMG was all the made the first year, I got the first one in colorado. :)

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina

1) Well that was teh car I really wanted, and it was just my first check.

2) Black coupe, SMG was all the made the first year, I got the first one in colorado. :)

Good man, good man.

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs

Yeah I liked that part too. I liked the "drive" part had me :rofl:. Glad you joined this forum Andrew and hope bemodel.com gets huge and you keep us updated.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.