The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

House Cure is to bring in more immigrants?

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I hope this thread does not become a problem one, due to the sensibility of the topic.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
One question, is this guy referring to LEGAL or ILLEGAL immigrants?

I think if you read between the lines, he's suggesting that we allow ILLEGAL immigrants to buy the homes.

With brilliant ideas like that *sarcasm*, he ought to run for president. :iamwithstupid:

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
I don't think so -- maybe I'm wrong, but it looked pretty clear to me that he was suggesting legal immigrants and people on H1B Visas be stimulated to get into the housing market somehow.

I've been a proponent for some time now for getting foreigners with money to jump into our market here and get it going. He uses the example of Canada, where apparently they have a program for anyone with $400k cash to be able to speed up their immigration process so they can buy a home, etc...

Cheers,

- Hakrjak

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
1 million households are created a year in this country, and almost everyone wants to own their own home. We will eat the inventory up, it will just take time.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
The funniest line in that interview in the video was when the old guy said, "Some people say World War 2 did a hell of a job getting rid of obsolete inventory in Europe!" haha ;)

- Hakrjak

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
I think the legal immigrants can very much help the housing market. In fact I believe that's why housing has grown so well over the last century.

Unfortunately illegal immigrants have hurt the housing market, at least here in Denver. I only have speculative data, but several investors and brokers in this area have have claimed many of the REO are due to illegals. Properties obtained with false SSN or minor's SSN. Since the economy has turned, many have simply packed up and gone back to their home countries. There is little reprocussion that can affect them.

What I would like to see is the actual numbers to back this up. It may well be overblown due to emotions on the subject. I'm not sure how you would determine this with much of the incorrect data that was used to obtain these homes in the first place.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
The funniest line in that interview in the video was when the old guy said, "Some people say World War 2 did a hell of a job getting rid of obsolete inventory in Europe!" haha ;)

- Hakrjak

Thank you US Army Air Corps! Nothing clears a city block like 1,000 B17's....

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.