The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

hosting question

CardinalsFan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Feb 6, 2008
Charlotte
ok I'm looking at the hostgator.com website right now and I have a question. When it says domains allowed: unlimited, does that mean you can host all your sites through that package?

If so does if one grows and gets ton of traffic is it easy to move that one to a dedicatted server?

Sorry in advance, I know its something I should know already.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Peter2

Fastane Legend. RIP.
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 2, 2007
Palm Beach, FL
Yes and yes. :)

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Eh, they're a medium to lower end host in my opinion. Not saying they suck, one of my accounts is with them. No problems thus far. I wouldn't get a dedicated through them however.

If you're new, get a reseller account if you have any aspirations to throw up a lot of sites.

When you screw something up, it won't ruin all your sites, as they'd be on seperate accounts.

CardinalsFan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Feb 6, 2008
Charlotte
thanks! I was about to buy the baby host account, but I know im gonna screw something up so I am gonna go ahead and go with a reseller account. Thanks mtnman.

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
ok I'm looking at the hostgator.com website right now and I have a question. When it says domains allowed: unlimited, does that mean you can host all your sites through that package?

If so does if one grows and gets ton of traffic is it easy to move that one to a dedicatted server?

Sorry in advance, I know its something I should know already.

PM me I will give ya better hosting and better service at Apto Hosting - Support.

Heck, you can go to Index of /speedtest and see how fast our servers are!

Tom C.
Apto Hosting - Support

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I have a friend who runs his company on Amazon EC2.

The EC2 server has been very powerful with fairly reasonable price for start-up company. However, the server was unavailable few times from 30 minutes to 2 hours. He lost some business due to the outage.

I personally are using ANHosting dot com for 2 years now. It was up and down few times a year, but it is fairly stable with reasonable price for non-critical web application.

NICK870123

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Aug 1, 2008
England
Sorry to be an n00b again, but just to confirm that if i sign up to the hostgator Baby account, it says domains allowed=unlimited does that mean i can have xyz.com and abc.com up and running 1 different sites but on the same plan, as long as they are inside the disk space and bandwidth limit?

Because i thought that you need a different host for each domain, i.e. 1:1 relationship between host and website name abc.com and a a different host for a different website xyz.com???

So unlimited domains mean i can host both sites in one account, but different material on each site as long as they stay within limits of space quota???

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
So unlimited domains mean i can host both sites in one account, but different material on each site as long as they stay within limits of space quota???

Yes, your statement is true.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
The way their affiliate program works is that it pays the last link someone clicks. So someone attending the class I teach on webdesign, clicks on the link and learns about hostgator. Then two weeks later they go buy hostgator by using hostgator.com and I miss out on the affiliate payment.

Their policy is last cookie, which is pretty much how 99% of all affiliate programs work. So if they go to hostgator.com after clicking your link you will be credited, but if they click on another affiliate's link in between, the other affiliate will get the credit.

I agree completely that the one who recommends the program first should get the commission, but the entire affiliate industry doesn't see it that way :-(

The best is to be open to your clients and tell them to click your link right before the buy. Hostgator has been good to me, also, if you signup as a Hostgator affiliate through cj.com there payout is a straight $100 / sale!

NICK870123

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Aug 1, 2008
England
Also i was wondering which is the best value for money reseller hosting account, i looked at hostgator and GoDaddy so far. wondering if you guys can suggest one that youve had good experience with at a reasonable low cost???

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.