The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hiring for a new service business

ItsAJackal

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Oct 16, 2018
Planning on moving forward with the home maintenance idea, but curious about some of the early steps.

When starting a service business, do you do the work yourself for a while or try and hire someone relatively early? The only reason I would consider outsourcing this early on is because I also have a day job.

How do you determine how much to charge? I've found several companies that do the same thing I am proposing, but none locally. They all also are "call for quote" businesses, because there is no way you can simply quote this without a house visit.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Read the Emyth Revisited by Gerber. That should help.

Some thoughts:
- how do you know people want your service?
- have you tried an mvp? how did it go? did it meet the costs details you had worked out?
- have you done the math on sales - cost of good sold = gross margin - general / admin expenses = net profit? where does your business stand? how much do you need to charge at what volume to be a strong cashflowing profitable business?

Sounds like you are money chasing and ill prepared. Run some numbers, do an mvp, and evaluate.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.