The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hire a company to maintain my website for monthly fee or??

neverbackdown

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
May 24, 2011
Salt Lake City
Hello everyone,
So I've had this idea since last summer and messed around a bit with html and stuff, but I am far from designing a professional website especially as complex as I have in mind. I have been contemplating for months if I should try learn to do graphics, photoshop, coding and build the website myself or go with a company that will do all the work for me and I only provide the content. I will have full access to make changes if I want to, that is if I will know how to. This one website charges $30 a month for a more basic site with hosting, they design and build the whole thing and maintain it monthly. Then they charge $70 for a more complex with an user content management settings and such because my idea will need a members feature so people cam register and share content throughout the site. Been trying to read up a bunch of stuff on programming and content management sites but so far it's all gibberish to me. Either I build a simple site and see how it goes and how many visitors I can bring in before I pay another company, or do I make a super amazing website with this company and risk the site going nowhere??? Your thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated!! Sorry for any typos, kinda hard to type right on an iphone :))

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MamaD

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 5, 2011
Maryland
I'd suggest doing the former to determine if there's interest and need in what you're offering. Then, you build out and scale up.

mrhahn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Apr 21, 2011
San Diego
If you are planning to use those skills for the future, this would be a good starting point to learn. Otherwise, outsourcing the work to focus on the marketing and execution is also good.

nagyseo

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 23, 2011
Hi there neverbackdown!

We can design and / or maintain your website for you. Email me privately and we can agree on costs. thanks, Robert.

www.nagyseo.com

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.