The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Highest bidder sale - Canada Style

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Hey all.

After some great advice from some great people on this forum, I'm going to be logging my journey to tackle highest bidder sales in the Canadian market.

For all Canadians that are looking to get into this, use forsalebyowner.ca. Email the people on there, I've had success!

Okay so, please note, I have never done this before. So please provide me with suggestions where you think I can improve.

So I emailed about 3 owners from FSBO (forsalebyowner) listings. I got an email back from 2. One of them wants to give it a shot if I set the duration of the option for only 10 days. The other wants to sell his place as its been on the market for quite some time.

Right now what's stopping me from setting up meetings with these two owners is: 1) I don't have the option forms... I'm trying to research templates and create one myself. 2) I haven't thought about how I would advertise the properties. How will I get 50-200 potential buyers to show up. 3) i am not sure how the closing would work. Would we need to go to a lawyer? Will the buyer accept the fact that he has to pay the difference between his bid and my option to me, then the remaining amount to the seller.

If someone can guide me, I would be appreciative.

Property 1 is a house in a good location. Asking price is $675,000. I was thinking of getting an option for $650,000. Homes in that area all range from $650-690k. So my hope is a quick 5k+ profit.

Property 2 is a condo also in a good location. Asking price is $295,000. I was thinking of getting an option for $275,000. Condos in this area always sell fast when priced at $280-285k. So hopefully a potential 5-10k profit.

Thanks to all that have awared me of this strategy and given me the confidence I needed to give it a go.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Geeko

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jul 19, 2014
Id advertise on MLS and contact some contractors especially for the cheaper one. @CashFlowDepot 's book will be a very useful asset aswell i imagine

Sent from my SGH-S730M using Tapatalk

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Id advertise on MLS and contact some contractors especially for the cheaper one. @CashFlowDepot 's book will be a very useful asset aswell i imagine

Sent from my SGH-S730M using Tapatalk

Isn't mls for agents only though?

And 1 more thing,

Can people with agents participate in a highest bidder sale, because their won't be making any money.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.