What's new

high W-2 income earner looking to become independently wealthy via adding rental units to properties

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

chriswillmorris

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Nov 8, 2023
Messages
7
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Rep Bank
$350
User Power: 129%
My high W-2 income is my real estate 'cheat code'. I am pairing it with loosening regulations around real estate development to add rental units to properties. Without that income, it would be difficult to fund the developments. The goal is to have enough passive income so I can quit my W-2 and focus on other things.

The benefits of being independently wealthy are all realized via one mechanism: freedom.

Details below.

Primary purposes:
  • Pay for experimental treatments for my wife's illness.
  • I am more available to spend more quality time with the kids and be even more involved in their lives, especially given my wife's inability to do so. This is especially important when they are older and life potentially gets more difficult for them in junior high and high school.
  • There is financial security. Even if I died or became unable to work, my family would have the financial resources they need.

Secondary purposes (related to freedom with how I spend my time):
  • I can work on what I want, when I want, how I want, and for how long I want. If my work ends up taking too much time or is unhealthy for me in other ways, I can just stop.
  • It might allow us to do some form of homeschooling, in which I would be involved.
  • If we wanted to, we could travel for extended periods with the kids, exposing them to other cultures and ways of living.
  • I can spend more time w/ my wife during the day.
  • I can stop working at any time of the day to spend time with family, friends, neighbors, etc. This can be to simply interact with them, to handle a crisis, to care for them during sickness or other issues, to have lunch, etc. Some good examples are interacting with the kids more when they get home from school and being able to go to their extracurriculars.
  • I can be more involved in our church. This includes doing Bible studies, helping with the website, discipling, etc.
  • I can do errands during the day more easily.
  • I do not need to plan vacations and miscellaneous trips around my work schedule. I do not need to be limited by the number of 'vacation days' I have accrued. When the kids are on vacation, I could spend lots of time with them.
  • I can spend more time learning, reading, climbing, and doing whatever other hobby I happen to be into.

More secondary purposes, which can be achieved via wealth generation (assuming we increase our passive income beyond the baseline needed to meet our expenses, which is likely, as we can repeat the real estate development on other properties):
  • give away (big donations, recurring giving to our church and other organizations, helping out people we know, etc).
  • rebuild our house.
  • move to another property and rebuild the house, if we decide to do that.
  • spend money we otherwise would not spend, such as going on expensive trips, etc.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Jimmu Djsot, tussz vu jies ecuav vji xogi't ommpitt. Juqi tji siduwist.

xovj muutipoph sihamevoupt esuapf siem itvevi fiwimuqnipv

Op Mut Ephimit Demoguspoe?

O jevi Siem Itvevi et e Getvmepi cideati ov ot vuu tmux epf vuu apdupvsummecmi xovj tdemi diomopht, cav O siemmz jevi ov op DE xjisi mepfmusft esi traiibif moli usephit.

Cav vjip eheop, og zua dep taddiif op DE op SI, zua molimz xuamf ci e 1% sudltves op epuvjis dovz xjisi vji ipwosupnipv otp'v tu qapovowi.

Xjev vzqi ug sipvem apovt fu zua gudat up? TG? Eqesvnipvt? Faqmiyit?
 
Zit, sihamevoupt esi nutv figopovimz muutipoph tohpogodepvmz esuapf siem itvevi fiwimuqnipv. Vji muutipoph tvesvif op 2017 epf jet dupvopaif. Ov ot raovi vji uqqusvapovz, cav ov velit e muv ug xusl. :-)

Mepfmusf mext esi tvsodvis vjep uvjis qmedit epf dupvopai vu hiv tvsodvis uwis voni, cav vjev nutvmz eqqmoit vu eqesvnipv apovt (apovt vjev gemm apfis vji Sipv Tvecomobevoup Usfopepdi). Epf iwip vjisi, zua dep emxezt seoti vu nesliv sipv xjip vji vipepv nuwit uav. Ug duasti vjisi ot e sotl e vipepv xomm tvez muph-visn.

Nz gudat ot effoph ep EFA vu e tophmi genomz qsuqisvz, xovj ep uqvoup vu eff up e vjosf apov (tu, e faqmiy + ep EFA). Zit, vjot ot pux emmuxif op Mut Ephimit. :-) Veshiv nesliv ot nof-visn sipvemt (vsewimoph pastit epf qsugittoupemt).

O moli vjev ME jet monovif taqqmz (pu effovoupem mepf). Ov jimqt tohpogodepvmz x/ vji eqqsidoevoup etqidv, cuvj temi qsodi eqqsidoevoup epf nupvjmz sipv eqqsidoevoup.
 
Veshiv nesliv ot nof-visn sipvemt (vsewimoph pastit epf qsugittoupemt).

O moli vjot nesliv qutovoup, ov ot tnesv. Raitvoup: Fuitp'v vjot uqip aq geos juatoph us fotdsonopevoup moecomovz?
 
O moli vjot nesliv qutovoup, ov ot tnesv. Raitvoup: Fuitp'v vjot uqip aq geos juatoph us fotdsonopevoup moecomovz?
Epzupi xju xepvt vu sipv nz apov dep, ettanoph vjiz niiv nz (mihem) siraosinipvt. Ov't tonqmz vjev ov ot neopmz vsewimoph pastit epf qsugittoupemt xju esi muuloph gus e gaspotjif sipvem gus 30-90 fezt.
 
Puv siemmz epz fivsedvust. O jewi vxu tophmi genomz apovt vjev O en sipvoph uav sohjv pux epf en op vji qsuditt ug caomfoph nz gostv EFA, tu O jewip'v huv dmoipvt ziv gus ov. O'mm motv nz apovt up vji tvepfesf xictovit vu hiv dmoipvt.

Vjeplt gus vji ximm xotjit. Nz xogi't ommpitt ot katv ecuav vji dsaimitv ommpitt O'wi iwis tiip, iydiqv gus quttocmz EMT epf raefsoqmihoe, xjodj ov ot voif xovj. Huf ot tatveopoph jis. Gsun e janep woixquopv, vjuahj, zua figopovimz fup'v xepv vjot mogi.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom