The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi People!

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I just started reading the Fastlane Millionaire last night. It’s awesome. I’m excited to read all the posts here and learn. I’ve been super active on other forums but none with this layout so I’m gonna be figuring that out for a bit..

*waving exuberantly to all the happy ppl

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
Welcome to the fourm Primeperiwinkle.
What are you interested in, business-wise ? What hobbies do you have ?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome to the forum!

I just started reading the Fastlane Millionaire last night. It’s awesome. I’m excited to read all the posts here and learn. I’ve been super active on other forums but none with this layout so I’m gonna be figuring that out for a bit..

Are you viewing the forum on a phone?

What other forums are you "super-active" on ... just curious why this forum seems different.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I’m active on a homeschooling forum, a few classical education forums, a writing forum, a red pill conspiracy forum and I used to have a few “adult only” forums. Basically I really like forums. [emoji1743]‍[emoji3601] Sorting through multiple points of view is my happy place. I go down rabbit trails and end up learning stuff. It’s fun. This one is different because, after years of refusing to download Tapatalk I went ahead and did it. I loathe Tapatalk. It feels too bubbly and large. Yes, I’m on my phone.

My hobbies include reading constantly, kinesiology, personal training, gluten-free cooking, woodworking, (naughty novels when I’m really bored), parenting stuff galore, 19th century pedagogy, education in general, and I think I may have left some out.. ummm.. huh.. I tried copywriting, notes, real estate and stocks last year.. but I couldn’t get focused. I’m trying desperately to become a morning person but it’s resulting in me just being sleep deprived. I’m on year twelve of that plan. [emoji57]

I’m on my third business. This ones doing well, I finally tackled marketing. I’m totes on the sidewalk though. I LOVE STARBUCKS! *cough (Your book is pretty damn good. So far I’m ranking it close to Think and Grow Rich but I haven’t finished it yet so..)

My friend wanted me to add an MLM for product at my office and I started researching it, cuz I always feel icky bout MLM’s but this time I prayed, came across this interesting group of guys from CA who teach lead generating stuff... anyhoo.. they say it’s like what you did but of course I still dunno what they want me to pay to be in their super duper secret fb group and get all their fancy knowledge. I signed up for their emails. In email number seven (ish?) they mentioned your book, this was yesterday? Or the day before.. anyhoo... I’ve scheduled a call with them and I have it on Wednesday. I have until then to figure out if they’re a scam or the real deal. My bs meter is pretty damn high for some things and totes nil for others though... so I figured I’d speed read everything on here when I’m not working and see if I can find any of their ppl. And then see if they have rep.

Meanwhile, I’ve already gotten a lot out of your book dude and it’s exciting that you’re active on your forum. So now you’re up to speed. Also, nice to meet you. [emoji3526]

Yes, this is how I talk in real life.

harlansjobs

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 31, 2018
I just started reading the Fastlane Millionaire last night. It’s awesome. I’m excited to read all the posts here and learn. I’ve been super active on other forums but none with this layout so I’m gonna be figuring that out for a bit.

Hello
Wow, you are really into a lot of stuff. How do you find the time to start a business?
I'm trying to cut a lot of extra stuff out of my life. I cut most of my facebook groups and unsubscribed from a lot of emails as I basically never read them.
You have to focus on one thing, business, then when you have made it you can do other things.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Oh I learned this way of studying where you chunk your time up into fifteen min sections. I have friends who read around 40 books at a time.. it’s a paradigm shift but really cool. I view a “hobby” as something I like to dabble in or learn about. I’ll prolly never be an expert at any of those things.. they just make me happy. Like, I learned enough about woodworking to build my own detachable bookshelves with cool propane torch designs. Now, for the rest of my life, whenever I need more bookshelves I can just make them. But I stopped studying after I solved my own problem and then started learning something new.. but I list it as a hobby cuz I work on bookshelves about 60-70 hours a year.

I prolly do need to get more focused.. but until I started learning about you guys I really didn’t think I could do anything online. I’m a hands-on person. I abhor techy stuff. Like, Excel is my nemesis. It makes me cry. Anyhoo.. this whole last year I’ve been tackling online stuff one prob at a time cuz I had to. Now... Excel still makes me cry.. but Weebly, Wordpress, MailCheat(Chimp), Facebook, Instagram and Twitter don’t. So that’s something!

And maybe I’ll end up paying them to teach me stuff which would be pretty freaking awesome.. if they’re real. Hm. I think they might be real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
mr_happy_giant_smiley_face_square_sticker-rbb3ca9c6eafc4b1daf95629c45cfaa7d_v9wf3_8byvr_540.jpg

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
OMG!!! I got to the WADM thing and I’m all.. this is freaking priceless!!

And then I discover that I’m a “a blossoming flower that needs protection, water, and plenty of sun.” [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7] Treat me like a flower dammit!! I’m a periwinkle!!! [emoji23]

No seriously. I’m a flower. *snort

I love this book more than 7 Habits of Highly Successful People. It’s officially the best self-help book I’ve ever read but I would never be able to absorb this stuff as fast if I hadn’t been prepped by the half ton of previous self-help books.

I will keep commenting here to sum up my thoughts. This way I can check out this thread next year and see how far I’ve come.

So far, without looking back at anything I’ve already read in the last two days this is what I remember:

Sidewalk = Spenders. Escapist consumers who distract themselves and then die poor.
Slow Lane = Savers. Typical American Dream of work till you retire at 65.
Fast Lane = Producers and Distributors. Stuff that helps ppl and impacts millions.

This is officially the only explanation of my spending habits that has ever successfully given me a counter option to aim for that actually lines up with scripture. See Dorothy Sayers book Mind of The Maker. God is a Creator, we should create.

Systems are imperative, which I already learned from another book called The Fifth D... something.. it had a metaphor about all the separate individual inventions needed to bring about airplane travel. Point is w/o a system you’re this wrung out bitter sweaty old Egyptian guy and w/ a system you can build a pyramid waaaaay quicker.

I really should get that LLC thing.

Inflation sucks a$$. Josh Tolley spoke about this at my church in October. I’m going to his seminar in January. I have a feeling he’s repackaging this book in Christian-ease but I guess I’ll see when I go.

Choices. We are responsive for those. YASSS... lines up perfectly with Charlotte Mason pedagogy and of course, scripture.

The big question decision makers.
1. Worst case scenario
2. Probability
3. Is it worth it?

Pros/Cons list w/ (EFFING GENIUS) a weight system for each item on the list. Do the math. Then act on your decision.

~~~~~~~

Ideas for future.
Q: Should I spend the mental energy to share this book with my friends? A: I have to. It’s a matter of integrity. I can’t keep this to myself.
Q: How do I teach this stuff to children?
I can use the economic books I already have, and the excellent literature but ultimately the habits of acting on these principles need to be integrated daily. Podcast? Blog? Wait. (Do I have a burning passion to bring this info to anyone besides my mastermind group and my own kids right now? Not really.... but.. the principles.... hmmmm. They’re worth sharing, often.) I’m still a flower, I need growth before I can make fruit.

If I don’t replace a well known franchise with my own ideas how can I systemize what I already do and help larger groups of people? No freaking clue.

Do I need to learn an entirely new skill set?
Quite possibly yes.

Does God want me to be super duper rich? Only if my character will be better in the process of making it happen.. probability of that happening if I use the principles so far? VERY FREAKING HIGH.

Yay!
Thanks for listening. I look forward to figuring out which of you are the old crew that I will always respect, which of you are the new crew who are in the same boat as me (while making us awesome friends who will look back on this year as the beginning of something epic) and which of you are in between. *happy dance

I’m a FLOWER!!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
This is a silly question but are you a manic pixie dream girl?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yes, yes I am. Shhh! Don’t tell anyone.

Davejemmolly

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Oct 1, 2018
Australia
Welcome Periwinkle!

After 1 thread, 50% of me thinks you’re awesome, but the other 50% has a headache from your energy!

Hope you stick around!

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
So I’ve been wondering and wondering why MJ would pay attention to a newbie at all and then I get to this section of the book -

“It was my little black book. Nope, my black book wasn’t a treasure trove of telephone numbers from female hotties but a written record of all complaints, grievances, and issues my business experienced daily. This book has served as my guide for over a decade. When business owners hear a complaint, most of them ignore it. Most of them pass the buck to an employee and pray the issue goes away. Not in the Fastlane. Complaints are a beautiful thing. They represent free feedback and expose unmet needs in your business. They represent the journey’s road noise.”

And I realize that the very first thing I did on here was complain about Tapatalk!! Which btw, totes sucks. I’ve managed my distaste for it by toggling between it and the Safari version but I am determined to get to the INSIDERS so I don’t have to be stuck with these crappy ads and stupid bubble print. Meanwhile, I keep getting sucked into these Gold Threads - the saving grace of this forum I might add- because they really are Gold.

I’m really enjoying this book. #understatement

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Ok, time to update this puppy.

The guys I thought might be bro gurus? They were super rip off scam artists. Total evil geniuses. No worries though cuz I found a bunch of other classes and slowly but surely snuck in to those whenever possible or just learned from somebody already successful in those groups.

Turns out SEO is the career that never ends. You literally never know exactly who to trust or what’s actually working at any given point. It’s all estimates. Learning all this is ridiculously fun for my NTJ personality.

I’ve been using my zone of genius (connecting, talking dirty, humility and overall awesome girl silliness ) to get to know all the major players in SEO/Leadgen for a little over three months now. I’ve made friends with the creators of several major tool platforms. I know how to be absolutely sure that I’m talking to a guru vs someone who is making money the real way. I’ve learned local SEO, organic SEO, and GMB map packs. I found the best press release tool on the planet and I found it before a bunch of the major players, so now they at least understand that I’m smarter than the average blonde. Lol. Or at the least that I know how to listen to the smart ppl.

I am currently accruing backlinks as fast as humanly possible. My goal is 3million. I’m up to 4,000 or so. Sigh.

I’ve got on page and off page understood enough to explain it but hell if I know anything about security matters or technical jargon. I have decided that design is my most hated thing in the world so I’m gonna outsource that and general website upkeep.

I am WAY worse at sales than I thought I was but I set up my own SEO agency. I got clients. I’m getting better at sales.

I haven’t made any progress on affiliates. Blah.

My little service-based business is doing well. I’ve gotten more clients and I have a bunch of networking things scheduled.

I still haven’t done my taxes but whatevs.

Lastly, I might be slightly in love with this ridiculously hardworking guy who, even if he lost everything he has now and never changed at all, I could see myself with.

Next goal: build systems for everything. Double down on what works best. Rinse and repeat.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Primeperiwinkle, great to meet you at the meetup. We didn't get to talk much, but I feel like your intro posts here say a lot! Let's keep in touch....

Aww thanks dude, I’m up for any meetups in the future. Its pretty awesome when you can finally put faces to names and EVEN MORE awesome when you get to share in the successes of so many brilliant ppl! It was so great meeting everybody!

And ughhhh this thread is embarrassing. I gotta do better. Lol

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...