The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi, medical doctor from a tropical African country

Genius01

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 18, 2017
Nigeria
Hi guys,
Been looking around the forum as a guest for a while (I think you guys are a bunch of really great guys), then finally decided to jump in and start getting my feet wet.

I'm a medical doctor from Nigeria in my early 30s.
I've been a classic textbook Slowlaner as far as career goes, all my life.

However always had an interest in running businesses from my early days, always had ideas running in and out of my head, but never actually gotten to start something serious.
This has been mainly because of my reallllly hectic schedule at work (sometimes I've been on call for weeks at a stretch), ......but also because I'm partly prone to information overconsumption and analysis paralysis (maybe part of the problems of being an analytical mind, lol).

I like the practice of medicine, but I've never liked the concept of my time being tied to my income no matter how much I earn, because I'll ultimately want to retire young and do other things with my life.
And I suspect, that if I continue to rely on medicine as a source of income, in future I may no longer enjoy practicing as much as if my income weren't dependent on it (as MJ rightly pointed out in his Millionaire Fastlane ).

So I've been yearning to actually fire up the business side of things, but just haven't been chanced so far.
I now have a few weeks somewhat free from work, so I've decided to jump in with both feet, hunker down like a bull and start DOING aggressively, rather than thinking.
I've been spurred on by MJ DeMarco's legendary book Millionaire Fastlane ....I've read quite a few books on business before and quite familiar with the idea of financial and time freedom, but the way he puts it is unique and interesting.

I think its time to put my foot to the pedal, and drive my vehicle on the Fastlane. I've decided to finally start acquiring my share of business experiences... whether successes or failures, and learn from each as I move.

I'm about launching a motivational membership site I developed some months back, aimed at helping people achieve their goals and resolutions, (I've always been interested in achieving goals and I researched some things which I applied and has been working for me, which I want to share with the world). I'll probably be creating a progress thread to outline how it goes.
Success or failure, I would have learnt valuable lessons that I wouldn't have gotten by standing on the sidelines, and which I can always apply in future.

Once again, its great to be here, this is a fantastic forum full of fantastic guys, and I'm looking forward to contribute my bit and learn from others as well.
Thanks @MJ DeMarco for creating such a wonderful forum.
Cheers!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thanks for the introduction and welcome aboard my friend.

Genius01

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 18, 2017
Nigeria
Thanks MJ, you're just the best! Its impossible to quantify how many lives you've touched with your book and forum.
More power to your elbow.

Genius01

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 18, 2017
Nigeria
A link to your website would be nice
Not too sure about that though.
It might be misconstrued as self promotion from the little I've seen around here.
So I think it might be better not to, unless there's a general consensus that I should post it.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Great intro, your English is impeccable - better than a lot of natives.

Honestly, does the world need another one of those sites you're working on?

Personally, I wouldn't have thought so.

I would recommend you solve a unique problem that only someone in your unique position would be able to spot. Look around your work place, what problems do you see? I'm sure you can find 100 things that could be improved or done better; be it processes or instruments that are over-complicated and costing the Hospital a lot money that would be better spent elsewhere.

Just my thoughts. Welcome and best of luck.

------------------------------

"This device costs just a few dollars, while the single-use medical balloons manufactured in the U.S. can run more than $400."

How A Condom And A Catheter Are Saving Mothers From Bleeding To Death During Delivery

SweetProcess · Document Your Standard Operating Procedures With Ease

Process Street | Checklist, Workflow and SOP Software | Process Street

Last edited:

Genius01

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 18, 2017
Nigeria
Great intro, your English is impeccable - better than a lot of natives.
Lol, thanks.

Honestly, does the world need another one of those sites you're working on?

Personally, I wouldn't have thought so.
There's actually a pressing need for help with people achieving their goals. People actually wish to achieve their goals, the boom of the self help industry buttresses that.
The problem is that a lot of the people teaching it now are missing out some key factors, which I think is critical to improving odds for success in reaching goals, which I found out while researching it. One of the most important of these is a community support forum, where people can rub minds with other people seeking to achieve goals and learn from each other, and encourage one another in the journey. This is largely deficient, as most of the authors simply produce books and materials, with no provision for continuous community interaction (possibly because it is stressful to maintain a forum). This is a need I intend to fill, and I have no doubts in my mind that combined with my step-by-step process, it will significantly improve chances of success of people in achieving their goals.

Case in point is MJ DeMarco and his forum. If MJ had written the book alone, it would have made waves and would continue making waves as its a great book. However the presence of this forum now exponentially increases the chances of any of his readers interested in succeeding, than if it were book alone. People can ask questions, see other people on the same journey, learn from other people's life experiences which might even have been posted years ago, I can learn from you, you can learn from me.
That is part of why I think my site is still important and has a lot value to add in that niche. I intend to build the biggest community of people who have a strong desire to achieve their goals, whatever that goal may be, together with my technique for helping them achieve their goals.

I would recommend you solve a unique problem that only someone in your unique position would be able to spot. Look around your work place, what problems do you see? I'm sure you can find 100 things that could be improved or done better; be it processes or instruments that are over-complicated and costing the Hospital a lot money that would be better spent elsewhere.
I absolutely agree. However the opportunities I've identified in my environment currently will require significant resources to execute, and I'll probably have to build up resources from another venture, before I can go ahead with them.

------------------------------

"This device costs just a few dollars, while the single-use medical balloons manufactured in the U.S. can run more than $400."

How A Condom And A Catheter Are Saving Mothers From Bleeding To Death During Delivery

SweetProcess · Document Your Standard Operating Procedures With Ease

Process Street | Checklist, Workflow and SOP Software | Process Street
Thanks for the links, really thoughtful and kind of you, I've checked them out.

I think the catheter+condom device is fantastic, though not directly applicable to my environment as I'm in an urban centre.
The other 2, are for growing businesses which I don't have one. If its with respect to marketing them to hospitals around me, I foresee a number of significant challenges with may inhibit uptake, that I don't want to go into details on (would prolong an already long post lol).

Thanks for your great post and constructive advice, much appreciated! :thumbsup:

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Alright, well, I wish you the best of luck.

Sounds like you are determined and confident in your project (or maybe its sunk cost effect) either way, all the best of luck to you!

For the condom thing, I was just trying to get your gears going of what can be done .... take some equipment that costs $400, and create your own version that only costs $5. You've just added immense value in the market place. Also.... that product isn't presented all that great - someone could take the original idea - and and create something more professional that doesn't use condoms and sell that product for $19.99 to hospitals all around the world.

As for the other 2 links... it was more to give you an idea of what you could do for your hospital in order to help them improve their processes, procedures and systems. Read "e-myth revisted" if you want a better understanding of what I'm on about.

Happy new year to you.

I'll see you around the forum :)

Genius01

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 18, 2017
Nigeria
Alright, well, I wish you the best of luck.

Sounds like you are determined and confident in your project (or maybe its sunk cost effect) either way, all the best of luck to you!

For the condom thing, I was just trying to get your gears going of what can be done .... take some equipment that costs $400, and create your own version that only costs $5. You've just added immense value in the market place. Also.... that product isn't presented all that great - someone could take the original idea - and and create something more professional that doesn't use condoms and sell that product for $19.99 to hospitals all around the world.

As for the other 2 links... it was more to give you an idea of what you could do for your hospital in order to help them improve their processes, procedures and systems. Read "e-myth revisted" if you want a better understanding of what I'm on about.

Happy new year to you.

I'll see you around the forum :)
Thanks for the pointers... See you around too! :smile2:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!