The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi. Just got here.

Roy Al.ray

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 18, 2022
Philippines
Hello. I'm new here so i don't really know all the ins and outs of this forum. Anyway, I'm Ray. I'm from the Philippines. I currently have no business nor a job. I used to have both but due to certain circumstances (and reactive choices), I lost both, regretfully.

I had long been a believer in fastlane lifestyle even before i stumbled across TMF on the internet. I wish I could have read TMF and Unscripted earlier. Probably, I'd be better guided and saved those precious time i spent reading garbage.

I'll end my intro here so as not to take so much of your time.

Anyway, thanks, Mr. Demarco for this forum and for the books.

Thanks also, everyone (who will read this).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Roy great to have ya. What your plan going forward?

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
Hello. I'm new here so i don't really know all the ins and outs of this forum. Anyway, I'm Ray. I'm from the Philippines. I currently have no business nor a job. I used to have both but due to certain circumstances (and reactive choices), I lost both, regretfully.

I had long been a believer in fastlane lifestyle even before i stumbled across TMF on the internet. I wish I could have read TMF and Unscripted earlier. Probably, I'd be better guided and saved those precious time i spent reading garbage.

I'll end my intro here so as not to take so much of your time.

Anyway, thanks, Mr. Demarco for this forum and for the books.

Thanks also, everyone (who will read this).
Welcome !

What can you learn from losing the job and business ?

Roy Al.ray

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 18, 2022
Philippines
Welcome !

What can you learn from losing the job and business ?

Not only from losing both. I learned before i started my business that i just got to be honest with myself. I started out with my ex-girlfriend. I wasn't supposed to establish an online English tutorial service company. But she was insistent, and, me, well, I tried to please her as much as I could. So, i got stuck in a job and business i hated. Then, we broke up (literally, she broke up with me), i got so f*cking depressed. Then i took the business for granted. Also, got somewhat traumatized by the event, i could no longer stand being a tutor (my job). Then, got into debt trying to "fix" my mind, getting into college. But instead of alleviating my condition, it just worsened it. Add to the sad equation is the realization that had i just sucked it up, i may have been so fortunate when the pandemic hit. Had i stayed and kept the business for a little while longer, i would have received inflow of cash coming from foreign students seeking online alternatives to face to face english tutorials. Lesson learned: Don't let emotions get in the way of your mind. Now, i'm literally struggling to make the next choice. I tried WADM already, but I'm still not sure what step i got to take next. Is it ok to ask the forum for opinions?

Roy Al.ray

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 18, 2022
Philippines
Welcome Roy great to have ya. What your plan going forward?
Hello, sir. First, thanks a lot for what you've done. I hope you always get the satisfaction in all the efforts you are making.

Anyways, let me be candid. I am struggling to make a decision right now. The circumstances surrounding my current situation are quite tricky (and may not make sense to others). And i don't wanna waste anyone's time.

I'm thinking of getting a job or continuing a career that I have been working on for some years now (songwriting). But really, i hate to admit it, i suck at making decisions. Maybe i'll go with the former then i'll do the latter at the sidelines.

2dads

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 27, 2021
BRISBANE, Australia
Welcome Ray,

Sounds like you have a lot going on - lot of content out there to help with making decisions, I had the same issue. Started to learn more and now take control of it.

Most of the cases, if it creates fear (not going to hurt & chance to grow) I do it.

Best of luck Ray, also a good book which may help is Thinking in Bets (check it out)

Roy Al.ray

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 18, 2022
Philippines
Welcome Ray,

Sounds like you have a lot going on - lot of content out there to help with making decisions, I had the same issue. Started to learn more and now take control of it.

Most of the cases, if it creates fear (not going to hurt & chance to grow) I do it.

Best of luck Ray, also a good book which may help is Thinking in Bets (check it out)
Yeah, i definitely do. But i can't explain them in full here as it would take too much time. I'll check out that book, 2dads. Thanks for the help.

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
Y
Hello, sir. First, thanks a lot for what you've done. I hope you always get the satisfaction in all the efforts you are making.

Anyways, let me be candid. I am struggling to make a decision right now. The circumstances surrounding my current situation are quite tricky (and may not make sense to others). And i don't wanna waste anyone's time.

I'm thinking of getting a job or continuing a career that I have been working on for some years now (songwriting). But really, i hate to admit it, i suck at making decisions. Maybe i'll go with the former then i'll do the latter at the sidelines.
You can get good advice here, but a lot of the times you need to figure it out yourself through some thinking and evaluation because every situation is unique.

Roy Al.ray

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 18, 2022
Philippines
Y

You can get good advice here, but a lot of the times you need to figure it out yourself through some thinking and evaluation because every situation is unique.
Yeah, i suppose so. Anyways, i've just started here so, I guess there'll be some new things I'd get to see. Perhaps, some bits might help. Thanks a lot for your time. BTW i got a copy of the book you recommended. I'll read it. Thanks.

Roy Al.ray

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 18, 2022
Philippines
Y

Hi. Just had to take a quick correction. Apologies for thanking you about a book recommendation. It was meant for another member who told me about a certain book. #newbiefails. Hehe.

But, nonetheless, I appreciate your kindness taking the time to welcome me into the forum and responding to my posts. Thanks a lot for it, Mr. Vinz.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...