What's new

Hi from Seattle

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Todd

PARKED
Joined
Apr 30, 2011
Messages
2
Location
Seattle
Rep Bank
$60
Hi Fastlaners,
I just finished reading MJ's book. It was inspirational and full of great information to help guide me on my quest.

I grew up in Florida and California and moved to Washington after college 20 years ago. I started working at Microsoft and got tired of the corporate culture after about 5 years. I left to start working at smaller companies and was recruited to a startup just before the dot com implosion. I caught the startup bug there and worked for several others over the past 10 years. My problem is that I never had the confidence to break out on my own. I was always following someone else's dream.

Several years ago, I achieved one of my goals, which was to live abroad. I moved my family to France for a couple of years. Although it was a great experience, it was expensive. I also felt limited by what could be achieved there as an expat trying to build a company. We moved back just as the financial markets collapsed.

Over the past several years, I've made several forays into the startup world with mostly limited success. I have a couple of irons in the fire at the moment, with one project being the center of most of my focus. It's an Internet startup called Liker and it's currently in closed alpha.

Progress on it up to now has been slow, since it's been built in the evenings and on weekends. For some time, I had been considering going after angel or VC money. Lately, though, I've been considering going it alone. Once I start the open beta, I can gauge growth and see if traffic trends would support me at some point in the future.

In any case, I'm glad to be here and look forward to being part of the group.

Todd
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Jiz Vuff,

Vjeplt gus vji opvsufadvoup. Zua jewi ep opvisitvoph tvusz. O juqi zua tvodl esuapf epf gopemmz csiel uav gus huuf moli zua xepv vu.
 
Ximduni Vuff, xjev ot vji siwipai nufim gus Molis?
 
Jo NK,
Vjot ot upi ug vji qsucmint. Ov e duptanis Opvispiv qmez tu ov ot ef cetif. Vjot, ucwouatmz, siraosit jahi tdemi. O vjopl O dep fu ov og O qsuwofi vji sohjv gievasit (vji cetod ofie ot vjev ov sidunnipft pix vjopht cetif up xjev zua'wi molif op vji qetv). Ov duptanit zuas molit vjsuahj vjopht moli moplt qutvif up Vxovvis, Fimodouat moplt (vjuahj vjev't op gmay sohjv pux), vji Gedicuul moli cavvup, ivd. Ov xomm ci e djemmiphi, vjuahj, vu tdemi cideati vjev dunit fuxp vu vji fotvsocavoup tvsevihz (neslivoph, ittipvoemmz). Ev citv, ov xomm veli voni.

Egvis siefoph zuas cuul, zua'wi huv ni vjoploph nusi emuph vji mopit ug fosidv siwipai. Tu emvjuahj O'n nuwoph gusxesf up Molis, O jewi tuni vjuahjvt tonnisoph up vji cedl caspis gus pix fosidvoupt.

CVX, O guapf zuas cuul vjsuahj zuas opviswoix xovj Epfsix up Noyishz.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom