The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi from Philippines!! :)

fastattack03

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Dec 15, 2013
Hello fastlaners!

Happy new year to all!

I'm Matt and I've been planning to post my introduction for a while now. I'm a lurker for like 2 months now and all I can say is that this forum is mind-blowing. I can't believe that there's a forum like this that exists.

I've come from a blackhat forum and stayed there for 3 years. While there are good people there, it really doesn't connect with my inner self and goals.

So here I am now, posting this intro and hoping to start my fantastic journey with this forum and it's awesome members.

A little bit about myself...

I've been in the internet marketing industry for almost 4 years now. I started with building websites and ranking them with SEO. Then came the blackhat spamming stuff which didn't last long because it didn't feel right. And then I entered the mobile app business. I've learned basic coding and created my own apps.

With all those years I've learned a bunch of stuff like a bit of copywriting, designing, affiliate marketing, SEO, building sites, building apps, etc.

Now I want to achieve something bigger. I want to build a REAL business that makes a difference in other people's lives. I want to contribute and give value. I want to change the world.

What do I expect this 2014?

To be honest, I'm not the person who's fond of joining conversations in forums, social sites, or even in real life. But now I want to be more social in this forum. I want to learn. I want to contribute.

"For things to change, I have to change" I've heard this first from Eben Pagan. I think posting my journey (which I haven't done before) will give me a strong push to take further action when the going gets tough. Also, I'll be able to get different perspectives and advice from you, the awesome fastlaners.

I have a bunch of ideas in mind that I'm planning to implement this year. I'll create another post to hopefully get insights from you guys. Basically, it is about going fastlane. No more affiliate stuff. I'll create my own products from now on.

What's my 'why'?

I want to do this because I want to be free. It's not all about the money for me. It's about doing whatever I want, whenever I want, wherever I want, with whoever I want.

I want to meet awesome people. I want to learn from them and also contribute to their lives.

I want to make a difference.

I want to make awesome stuff that people (not just me) will appreciate.

My end game is not just to create a legacy for my future children but also for everyone who would want to receive it. I can already see myself teaching my principles about life, freedom, and other cool stuff.

But now, I need to learn more. I need more experience. I need more mistakes to learn from. And I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get to where I want to be.

To end this introduction...

I want to say thank you to all those people who selflessly contribute in this forum. You are all heroes to me.

Cheers!

Matt

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

beatgoezon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 31, 2013
LOL reading your welcome post reminded me a bit about why I decided to go on the path I am on now...

Yes Matt, blackhat forums are pretty shallow, there isn't much feedback and truth there, it's just a bunch of guys trying to sell you their garbage products...

As for being more social in forums, I can relate with you on that level too man because this is the first forum I've ever been social on. I don't know how to explain it but the best advice I could give you is be social here, and don't be afraid to be open. People here are supportive and will guide you, especially since you have a contribution mindset over the moocher mindset.

Screw "blackhating", focus on creating value, I'm sure you'll go far, Matt. wish you the best of luck buddy and welcome:)

fastattack03

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Dec 15, 2013
@beatgoezon

Thanks for the warm welcome! I really appreciate it! :)

I agree with you. There's a big part in the IM industry that is very shady. In fact, I know one huge forum that does exactly what you're saying!

Although I would say that not all black hatters are bad people. Some of them are pretty honest. And from the forum I came from, it's more about sharing than getting other members' money - which was pretty awesome. They also hate people who sell garbage products so they tell very very honest reviews.

Anyway, thanks for the advice. I'll make sure to be social as much as I can! :)

Matt

PS. You seem to be a bit new here as well. Are you a long time internet marketer?

beatgoezon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 31, 2013
@beatgoezon

Thanks for the warm welcome! I really appreciate it! :)

I agree with you. There's a big part in the IM industry that is very shady. In fact, I know one huge forum that does exactly what you're saying!

Although I would say that not all black hatters are bad people. Some of them are pretty honest. And from the forum I came from, it's more about sharing than getting other members' money - which was pretty awesome. They also hate people who sell garbage products so they tell very very honest reviews.

Anyway, thanks for the advice. I'll make sure to be social as much as I can! :)

Matt

PS. You seem to be a bit new here as well. Are you a long time internet marketer?
Yea I am new here, but I was interested in IM 3 years back, but never stuck with it long enough. What about you bud, any experiences with it:)?

fastattack03

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Dec 15, 2013
Yea I am new here, but I was interested in IM 3 years back, but never stuck with it long enough. What about you bud, any experiences with it:)?

Yes, I've been around for a while. Mostly doing affiliate marketing though.

I welcome you here (tough you registered first :)) as a fellow Filipino Matt. Have you read MJ's insightful book "The Millionaire Fastlane ?" I was drawn to this forum because of that book.

Hello fellow kabayan!

It's good to know that there are other filipinos here! :)

Yes, I have read it already. It's a very good book.

D

DeletedUser2

awesome, welcome.

the thing about black hat anything. is its an unsustainable model. your always looking over your shoulder, your income is totally random, as to when it will get cut off.

this is more about a life,
and building businesses, and real lifetime value, like as in YOUR lifetime. not just a customers.

money is easy to make, once you understand it. and then just consistently do the things that move you towards that.

its not make 400k this month, and then starve for 2 yrs.

its
make progress towards long term lifetime goals.

good luck, and let us know what we can do to help you get started
Z

rogen

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 27, 2013
-
Welcome to the forum! I started as blackhatter too, and just like you, I decided to quit it and look for true "money making methods" ;)

fastattack03

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Dec 15, 2013
awesome, welcome.

the thing about black hat anything. is its an unsustainable model. your always looking over your shoulder, your income is totally random, as to when it will get cut off.

this is more about a life,
and building businesses, and real lifetime value, like as in YOUR lifetime. not just a customers.

money is easy to make, once you understand it. and then just consistently do the things that move you towards that.

its not make 400k this month, and then starve for 2 yrs.

its
make progress towards long term lifetime goals.

good luck, and let us know what we can do to help you get started
Z

Thanks for the advice, Z!

I agree. Blackhat is more short term. You're always waiting for the next shiny method to make money.

Time for me to play the bigger game.

By the way, I've read your golden nuggets thread and it's spectacular. It's one of the threads in this forum that really caught my eye.

I need more time to read the rest though. Being a newbie in this forum makes me feel like a kid in a candy store. So many golden nuggets, so little time.

Welcome to the forum! I started as blackhatter too, and just like you, I decided to quit it and look for true "money making methods" ;)

Hi rogen!

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Good to know we're on the same page. I totally agree with you.

Time to look for true "methods"! :)

rogen

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 27, 2013
-

Z

How do I understand money? Its mindblowing for me to say "money is easy to make" In where I live everyone says "there is no easy money", and so everyone is slaving away and hoping for promotion..
Even in online world it do takes some effort to make money.. Unless you already have money so that speeds up things a lot

Also I know 2 things about money, everybody wants it, and everybody is saving it once they have it, Iam missing something?

Last edited:

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
welcome to your true home, awesome intro.
blackhat is random, soul sucking and comes from a scarcity mindset, always trying to manipulate the systems which of course doesn't work for long.
If you do anything in 2014, decide in one or two things you want to have done, and take action daily. always write down 3 specific tasks you will have to work on the next 3 days.
This act alone, will make you take action and complete them faster than 3 days because it creates clarity and specific tasks to work on instead wandering and confused by 1000 tasks to do. It is working for me every time.
Do not let one day to pass without having worked even a little bit. This will create an unstoppable momentum after a few weeks.
I had similar goals like yours in 2013 and can't believe how fast the year went by... I didn't change the world... just yet. I have started 2014 with the right attitude though, making progress each day on a major automated passive income project I'm working on.

fastattack03

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Dec 15, 2013
How do I understand money? Its mindblowing for me to say "money is easy to make" In where I live everyone says "there is no easy money", and so everyone is slaving away and hoping for promotion..
Even in online world it do takes some effort to make money.. Unless you already have money so that speeds up things a lot

Also I know 2 things about money, everybody wants it, and everybody is saving it once they have it, Iam missing something?

let me answer this quickly for you...

it's more like a mindset. it's more like positive thinking. i know... cheesy.

but let me give you an example...

when i was starting out with internet marketing, everybody was telling me to do something else. they wanted me to apply for a job and be like everybody.

what they don't realize is i think differently with all of them.

i think "money is easy to get" but "you have to get there"

i was thinking of the END GOAL. money is easy when you make it.

when you do something - this applies to anything in life - you have to think about the end goal. your outcome. this should be always in your head.

most people when they try something other than working for money, they think about it as a very hard thing to do. and when they make their first mistake or failure, they validate their idea by saying "see, making money is really hard!" then get back to working for money.

everything we do in life is guided by our beliefs.

and the most wonderful thing is, we can consciously control these beliefs.

PS. we're on the same boat. everybody else here thinks money is hard to earn. i just think differently.

fastattack03

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Dec 15, 2013
welcome to your true home, awesome intro.
blackhat is random, soul sucking and comes from a scarcity mindset, always trying to manipulate the systems which of course doesn't work for long.
If you do anything in 2014, decide in one or two things you want to have done, and take action daily. always write down 3 specific tasks you will have to work on the next 3 days.
This act alone, will make you take action and complete them faster than 3 days because it creates clarity and specific tasks to work on instead wandering and confused by 1000 tasks to do. It is working for me every time.
Do not let one day to pass without having worked even a little bit. This will create an unstoppable momentum after a few weeks.
I had similar goals like yours in 2013 and can't believe how fast the year went by... I didn't change the world... just yet. I have started 2014 with the right attitude though, making progress each day on a major automated passive income project I'm working on.

thanks for the tips smarty!

i've read it twice. i'll make sure to follow it starting today.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...