The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi from a new member from New Zealand

Steve W

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jun 7, 2012
Hi all!

I am a brand new member here and just wanted to introduce myself. I recently came across this forum and was impressed by the friendly atmosphere and constructive advice and comments I've read so far. And yes, I also went and bought a copy of The Millionaire Fastlane book and am finding it interesting reading.

Anyway, my Name is Steve and I live in a small rural town in the South Island of New Zealand. I'm a family man with a couple of young kids & I run a small website development and hosting business (very small actually - I do all the geek stuff & my other half does the bookwork). I also dabble in importing and online retail.

I intend to be an active participant in this forum and also would welcome the opportunity to network, swap ideas and maybe discuss prospective projects with some of you when this would be mutually beneficial.

Please get in touch if you'd like to say hi and I look forward to being a part of this forum.

Best regards to all.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Welcome!

Any links to sites you have built you want to share?

What are your goals?

Welcome again!

Giles

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 11, 2007
Welcome. Theres a few kiwis here - I am an Aucklander also into web businesses.

Rain

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Apr 5, 2011
Welcome, Steve. Glad to have you here.

I actually had a good friend who ran a web hosting company, and sold it for a couple million dollars a few years back.

Steve W

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jun 7, 2012
Thank you all for your messages.

@andviv, I won't bother linking to any websites I've made as most look fairly typical for their genre and there's nothing really special to see in any of them (the magic is in the 'behind the scenes' stuff) but I would like to share a little of what I'm working on in case it's of interest to anyone.

I've created a system that allows me to custom build pretty much any type of website (eg personal, blog, business info, online shop) very quickly and that is extremely easy and intuitive for the site owner to update & maintain. This ease of use is my primary focus - by way of an example, the process of populating an entire shop site from scratch is a two step process that takes the owner between a few seconds and a few minutes (the time is mainly determined by the time it takes to upload the product images).

Completing the development and marketing this system is my current goal.

Steve W

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jun 7, 2012
Hi Amail

In a nutshell:

Step 1 - upload all product images in bulk using an html5 multiple file input. The system will automatically create suitably sized images & thumbnails for displaying in the product & landing pages etc.

Step 2 - upload a spreadsheet that contains all the product info. The system automatically creates hierarchical product category menus, tag/keyword lists for product searches, related product/up-sell/cross-sell/newest product/etc lists, associates products with photos & so on. One-off product editing & price changes can be done on-site (directly on the actual product page) if necessary but this is generally managed in the spreadsheet at the owner's convenience which can then be re-uploaded & the shop quickly rebuilt as required. Only modified or new products are affected so the process is quick & painless.

Steve W

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jun 7, 2012
Hi Giles

Good to hear from another Kiwi in the same line - what type of website work are you into?

Giles

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 11, 2007
Hi Giles

Good to hear from another Kiwi in the same line - what type of website work are you into?

Web advertising. I stay away from the technical side of things, and focus more on squeezing the money out of sites.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...