The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi everyone, I'm Joanna

Jhoek

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Feb 18, 2018
Pennsylvania
I'm almost finished reading The Millionaire Fastlane and have been enjoying it so much I couldn't wait to check out this forum. Thanks for having me.

I am almost 45, married, mom of 1 (used to be 2), currently working as a scientist for a large pharmaceutical company. I should be fulfilled right?..because my job is pretty easy, pays "OK", and what I went to school for... But I'm not. I had even spent 10 years helping my husband with his construction company, working from home (yay flexible schedule!), the money wasn't bad at all, however there was only so much we could leverage our time without people to work for us. So we hired employees, used subs etc....but learned that we really only wanted to rely on ourselves. Employees for us just brought on headaches that weren't worth it for us. Owning a business became more of a job and a stress filled prison.

Last April, my beautiful 17 year old daughter took her life over the breakup from her boyfriend. Suddenly my whole world shifted. What once seemed important suddenly mattered very little. The things that matter to me most now are spending the rest of my days with my husband and 13 year old son. I am hell bent on making it to freedom so we can completely enjoy the family time we have left. I'm not worried about the "doing what you love" crap. You're right ... it's bullshit.

So here I am. Wanting to learn from the people who have traveled this road before. I spent all of my free time learning as much as I can. If I can't sleep I read, I listen to books while driving to work. My lunch hour is spent reading as well. I don't have time for games or idiot TV programs. If it's not helping me get closer to my goal it's pushing me further away. I hope to continue with my education in here, probably lurking more than posting as I don't feel I have much to contribute (yet) :)
Thanks for listening,
Joanna

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

OlivierMo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 12, 2018
Idaho
I'm almost finished reading The Millionaire Fastlane and have been enjoying it so much I couldn't wait to check out this forum. Thanks for having me.

I am almost 45, married, mom of 1 (used to be 2), currently working as a scientist for a large pharmaceutical company. I should be fulfilled right?..because my job is pretty easy, pays "OK", and what I went to school for... But I'm not. I had even spent 10 years helping my husband with his construction company, working from home (yay flexible schedule!), the money wasn't bad at all, however there was only so much we could leverage our time without people to work for us. So we hired employees, used subs etc....but learned that we really only wanted to rely on ourselves. Employees for us just brought on headaches that weren't worth it for us. Owning a business became more of a job and a stress filled prison.

Last April, my beautiful 17 year old daughter took her life over the breakup from her boyfriend. Suddenly my whole world shifted. What once seemed important suddenly mattered very little. The things that matter to me most now are spending the rest of my days with my husband and 13 year old son. I am hell bent on making it to freedom so we can completely enjoy the family time we have left. I'm not worried about the "doing what you love" crap. You're right ... it's bullshit.

So here I am. Wanting to learn from the people who have traveled this road before. I spent all of my free time learning as much as I can. If I can't sleep I read, I listen to books while driving to work. My lunch hour is spent reading as well. I don't have time for games or idiot TV programs. If it's not helping me get closer to my goal it's pushing me further away. I hope to continue with my education in here, probably lurking more than posting as I don't feel I have much to contribute (yet) :)
Thanks for listening,
Joanna
Welcome! I'm truly sorry for your tremendous loss. I'm sure she's in heaven watching you and will be helping in your new journey. I just lost my dad and I know he's watching me too. His loss was a bit of the FTE for me.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
I have two kids, 3 and 1, and your post brought tears to my eyes. I can’t even fathom the loss.

Many here have experienced some of the lowest moments life can offer, and have come back from it even stronger.

No need to lurk, I’m sure you have plenty to contribute. We’re all figuring this out as we go.

Jhoek

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Feb 18, 2018
Pennsylvania
Welcome! I'm truly sorry for your tremendous loss. I'm sure she's in heaven watching you and will be helping in your new journey. I just lost my dad and I know he's watching me too. His loss was a bit of the FTE for me.
Thank you Olivier, I am sure she is watching over as well and take great comfort in that. So sorry to hear about your dad. Nothing can ever prepare us for the magnitude of grief from losing our loved ones. I do hope in time you find peace and recall the wonderful memories with love. ((hugs))

Jhoek

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Feb 18, 2018
Pennsylvania
I have two kids, 3 and 1, and your post brought tears to my eyes. I can’t even fathom the loss.

Many here have experienced some of the lowest moments life can offer, and have come back from it even stronger.

No need to lurk, I’m sure you have plenty to contribute. We’re all figuring this out as we go.
Thank you for the kind words amp0193. Enjoy every day with the kiddos. There are so many things I would do different now looking back...

So glad to be here among great minds and trail blazers! Being focused on something huge really helps with the grief. Looking forward to learn and share with you all!

Shepherd

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
362%
Jul 10, 2017
Thank you for the kind words amp0193. Enjoy every day with the kiddos. There are so many things I would do different now looking back...

So glad to be here among great minds and trail blazers! Being focused on something huge really helps with the grief. Looking forward to learn and share with you all!
As a parent who has recently had a child nearly the same age have major issues with a breakup (which we are still dealing with), my heart goes out to you, your husband and son. I think you have found a great community here and your experience building a business gives you plenty to contribute once you get comfortable.

Jhoek

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Feb 18, 2018
Pennsylvania
As a parent who has recently had a child nearly the same age have major issues with a breakup (which we are still dealing with), my heart goes out to you, your husband and son. I think you have found a great community here and your experience building a business gives you plenty to contribute once you get comfortable.
Thank you Shepherd, I appreciate the comment. I do feel lucky to have found this community too! Can't wait to dive on in...I'm almost on information overload lol!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
OMG, so sorry to hear about your daughter Joanna. My condolences.

hungryhippocampi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Dec 27, 2017
North Carolina
Joanna, no one should ever have to go through the loss of a child and I am so sorry you did. Your meaning and purpose is tops and I know you will be a success and not only get the time with your son but set a legacy for him as well! Welcome!

Jhoek

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Feb 18, 2018
Pennsylvania
OMG, so sorry to hear about your daughter Joanna. My condolences.
Thank you MJ. Focusing on entrepreneurship is keeping me sane I think. So glad I found you (heard about you from ODI Productions on Youtube) You are very inspiring!

Jhoek

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Feb 18, 2018
Pennsylvania
Joanna, no one should ever have to go through the loss of a child and I am so sorry you did. Your meaning and purpose is tops and I know you will be a success and not only get the time with your son but set a legacy for him as well! Welcome!
Thank you for the kind words hungryhippocampi. So glad to be here among decent intelligent folks!

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
Welcome, Joanna! I am so sorry about your daughter. I can't even imagine.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
Last April, my beautiful 17 year old daughter took her life over the breakup from her boyfriend.

As a father of several girls, i am so heart wrenched to hear this. Unfortunately the business world is so cold and heartless but we as fastlaners do not wish to be; glad that you are part of the community and ethical businesspeople that are striving for fulfilment and pursuit of happiness. Sorry for your loss.

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Apr 4, 2016
I’m rooting for ya and for everyone on this forum.

Jhoek

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Feb 18, 2018
Pennsylvania
As a father of several girls, i am so heart wrenched to hear this. Unfortunately the business world is so cold and heartless but we as fastlaners do not wish to be; glad that you are part of the community and ethical businesspeople that are striving for fulfilment and pursuit of happiness. Sorry for your loss.
Appreciated Arun, thanks for the post. Daughters can be a challenge to raise today. Especially in the social media age. Ugh. Don't miss any chance to tell them how beautiful they are :/ Dads have such an important impact on their teenage years (I'm sure you know too well).
Yeah I am familiar with the cold heartless business world, I have learned to have some thicker skin over the years thankfully. And now... I guess after getting kicked in the a$$ a few times I'm just not frozen in fear anymore. New life new direction..I say bring it on.

devingisraving

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Feb 21, 2018
Lebanon

Thanks for listening,
Joanna
I am really sorry for your loss Joanna. A tragic event like this really helps you see life in a different way. Hope you reach all your goals and we are all here to help each other through the way. Your post made me tear up and inspired me to look at life in a different way.
Stay Strong❤

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...