Hi everyone! I'm sort've in a predicament right now.. and I could use any advice that I can get right now. I can't tell if I am trying too hard (struggling to make a first business live) or if I am not trying hard enough.
My backstory is surprisingly similar to many others on here (young 19yr old, existential crisis in college, read Fastlane, etc.),so I'll just skip that for now.
Anyways, after sponging in some of this site's AMAZING information, I finally decided to take initiative.
I got in contact with a manufacturer, bought some samples, and sold them pretty successfully to some friends. So I then decided to buy 100 units of -insert WIDGET here- hoping that it would catch fire before anyone else sold it. Apparently, I was already late to that idea as there were some tough US competitors on Amazon and eBay.
"No worries," I thought to myself. "I'll just start my own e-comm website and avoid those other platforms entirely."
And this is where I am stuck at. While I did get my e-comm website up and running, I cannot understand how to gain the right traffic toward the site. I read up a little about PPC campaigns, and started an adwords campaign that hasn't garnished a single buy.(But has gotten between 10-20 clicks per day) I also started a facebook campaign a couple days ago, (which has gotten me more clicks for less money) but still not a single buy. Money is running lower and lower, and I'm running out of ideas.
I can't tell if my sales suck because A) the product isn't as intriguing as I thought it would be B) I'm doing something wrong in PPC campaigns/haven't read enough C )Some other option that is being completely overlooked right now.
And this is where I would love to have some expert opinion.. I can't tell if I'm just action faking and I should just abandon the project or if I can still turn this around. I was hoping someone could take a quick peek at my site and give me any sort of constructive feedback. And by any, I really do mean any; don't hold back on any harsh or brash comments! (I'd actually prefer it that way)
Thank you so much again to this entire community, for I wouldn't have even taken that first step without it. I really do appreciate everyone, and I hope to hear from you soon.
Tl;Dr: Am I action-faking at this point (and should just abandon this project) or am I not trying hard enough? I'd love to get some expert opinions on whether I can still turn this thing around or if I should abandon ship and start swimming.. Thank you.
PS: I didn't post my website in fear of creating one more competitor than I need. But I'll gladly PM the website address to anyone interested.. Sorry for the inconvenience.. If it truly is troublesome, then I'll just edit the site address into this post. Thank you!
Edit: Also, please don't hold back on any harsh critique if I did something wrong on my post. (ie. Unorganized, wrong category for post, etc.) Really trying to avoid seeming like a noob.. so don't be afraid to speak your mind!
My backstory is surprisingly similar to many others on here (young 19yr old, existential crisis in college, read Fastlane, etc.),so I'll just skip that for now.
Anyways, after sponging in some of this site's AMAZING information, I finally decided to take initiative.
I got in contact with a manufacturer, bought some samples, and sold them pretty successfully to some friends. So I then decided to buy 100 units of -insert WIDGET here- hoping that it would catch fire before anyone else sold it. Apparently, I was already late to that idea as there were some tough US competitors on Amazon and eBay.
"No worries," I thought to myself. "I'll just start my own e-comm website and avoid those other platforms entirely."
And this is where I am stuck at. While I did get my e-comm website up and running, I cannot understand how to gain the right traffic toward the site. I read up a little about PPC campaigns, and started an adwords campaign that hasn't garnished a single buy.(But has gotten between 10-20 clicks per day) I also started a facebook campaign a couple days ago, (which has gotten me more clicks for less money) but still not a single buy. Money is running lower and lower, and I'm running out of ideas.
I can't tell if my sales suck because A) the product isn't as intriguing as I thought it would be B) I'm doing something wrong in PPC campaigns/haven't read enough C )Some other option that is being completely overlooked right now.
And this is where I would love to have some expert opinion.. I can't tell if I'm just action faking and I should just abandon the project or if I can still turn this around. I was hoping someone could take a quick peek at my site and give me any sort of constructive feedback. And by any, I really do mean any; don't hold back on any harsh or brash comments! (I'd actually prefer it that way)
Thank you so much again to this entire community, for I wouldn't have even taken that first step without it. I really do appreciate everyone, and I hope to hear from you soon.
Tl;Dr: Am I action-faking at this point (and should just abandon this project) or am I not trying hard enough? I'd love to get some expert opinions on whether I can still turn this thing around or if I should abandon ship and start swimming.. Thank you.
PS: I didn't post my website in fear of creating one more competitor than I need. But I'll gladly PM the website address to anyone interested.. Sorry for the inconvenience.. If it truly is troublesome, then I'll just edit the site address into this post. Thank you!
Edit: Also, please don't hold back on any harsh critique if I did something wrong on my post. (ie. Unorganized, wrong category for post, etc.) Really trying to avoid seeming like a noob.. so don't be afraid to speak your mind!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
