The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi all! Thank you for welcoming me in

Nobackburner

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 6, 2021
I’m pleased to have found this forum and come across MJ’s first book (TFM) I almost ignored the recommendation completely because I’ve seen and read many books both in paper form and also via audio and quickly realized you have to filter the content hardcore to avoid “bro marketers” I’ve been able to satisfy my hunger for knowledge and I’m proud to say I started my unscripted journey early this year.

Here’s some background

I am actually an immigrant. I moved to the states back in July 2018 and was terrified of what might be coming next in my life. My wife happens to be from the Midwest and at the 4th year of our relationship she gave me an ultimatum. Either move with me to the first world or we end this.
Prior to living in the states I worked the family business. I co owned a bakery and worked along side my father. I did part time IT for a friends company and learned a lot of skills virtually for free. I have an associates degree in media and 3d animation which I could wipe my a$$ with. Up until 2018 I realize I was very much guarded and in my own bubble. Unaware of the true pain of regular 9 to 5’s etc

Fast forward 6 months, after a few thousand dollars in fees. Countless interviews, biometrics and background checks. And a test tube up my butt they approved my work permit.

Started searching jobs and comparing benefits pros and cons etc. long story short I ended up landing a job with a huge telecommunications company. I was even happy and excited at the beginning (I know cringe) fast forward almost 3 years and I’m miserable, depressed, home sick and being diagnosed with general anxiety, panic attacks and I have recurrent nightmares about work related shit as well. Took advantage of my benefits and saw a therapist for as long as I could stand my job.

I launched my business in April 1st of this year. I did it while I was still working full time for telcum. My initial capital was 2k, had some experience but no knowledge of how to do it in the states. I literally googled the solution to all my problems and tried talking to people who were kinda doing the same but ahead of me. I eventually transitioned to working part time. And later in august resigned. My wife depended on me for medical insurance and she had been laid off in 2020 because of covid so that put pressure on me to keep benefits running for as long as I could.
The business model itself consists of producing at a commercial kitchen artisanal empanadas and selling them through organic channels of traffic. Baked or frozen your choice and dropped off right at your door.
Revenue fluctuated like hell the first few months and I didn’t expect to do good because I was mentally in a bad place. Within my 5th month I reached nearly 4K and then 6th I reached little over 5k. Hardly any paid ads. This was word of mouth, recommendations, net working and good reviews. I started taking orders for catering events and made even more money with a single customer in a single day. All of this to me was shocking because I was used to busting my a$$ of 8+ hours and do mandatory overtime for only 120usd a day if that. As of right now I average 500 bucks a day which considering my living expenses it is absolutely nuts that I am making this money. I don’t care about the money although we all need it to pay bills. I care about my mental sanity and being able to deliver a quality product that people enjoy ordering time and time again. This can be hands on and intensive. I remember doing 10+ hours a day and being physically exhausted yet felt unbelievably happy. I’m looking to scale and take my self out of production. I want to be careful on the step I take next since the brand is still in its infancy.
I produce Monday through Wednesday and then I have down time the rest of the week. I help out sometimes with deliveries and my wife has been helping with our social media presence.

Anyway that’s my story so far, I can’t thank MJ enough and all of you who share valuable advice out of kindness and truly wanting to help people.
I know this is just the beginning and have tons more to learn. Reading the books and knowing there’s people who’s been through the same stuff gives me comfort. I’ll be engaging this community daily. Thank you all again.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome, appreciate the intro.

rsrs

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jul 19, 2020
Brazil
Where are you from? Argentina? Empanadas are SO good. There is a chef from Argentina that lives in Brazil and have empanadas restaurants, I love it.

Nobackburner

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 6, 2021
Where are you from? Argentina? Empanadas are SO good. There is a chef from Argentina that lives in Brazil and have empanadas restaurants, I love it.
Yess Argentina! :) there’s endless recipes for both the shell and the filling and of course I grew up eating these. Are you in São Paulo?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...