What's new

Hey from New York City

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

TK09

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Sep 7, 2011
Messages
3
Rep Bank
$75
Hey guys, my name is Terry, I'm 24 years old and I'm from New York City. I just finished MJ's book and wow, seriously the best book I've ever read. I was admittedly weary about his book but the rave reviews on amazon pushed me into downloading a preview. The preview sat on my kindle for months until I forgot about it.

One day, almost by the grace of god, I was strangely compelled to read the Millionaire Fastlane preview that was sitting there amongst a bunch of other well known entrepreneurial titles. I began reading it, and everything just made sense. Straight to the point, ridiculously helpful and very inspirational. I wound up obviously buying the full version and man, I can't get over how much MJ has taught me through this book. A few years ago I graduated college with a bachelor's degree in Accounting, and I have to say that I truly feel that I learned more practical information from this book than I did through my my entire college education. So with that said, thank you MJ, I will be recommending your book to anyone that will listen.

With the display of well deserved gratitude out of the way, here's a bit about me. As I said, I'm 24 and an Accounting graduate. I currently work a slow lane job at a publishing company which I hate and will be leaving shortly. I need the income currently but will be working ridiculously hard, every free second I get, to get myself moving down the fast lane as quickly as possible. The second I am capable of making enough to support myself on the fastlane, my slow lane job will be gone, and I can't wait for this to take place!

I have always wanted to own my own business. The idea of working for someone else has always bothered me and I've always been very vocal about this to family and friends. This will sound a bit conceded but I've always felt a sense of being as smart and capable as anyone else in the room. So the sense of working for someone, who is making more than me, and telling me what to do on a daily basis, when I am just as capable as them, bothers me. I see guys have money and have been successful and say "if he can do it, why can't I!"

When I was in high school I played baseball. I was a pitcher but threw incredibly slow, lucky if I hit 70 mph. I was even told by the coach that I would be used to after the harder throwers to throw off the opposing hitters. My best friend at the time was a big prospect and was throwing over 90 mph. The fact that he could do it and I couldn't didn't make sense to me. We're both carbon based humans lol, if he can do it I could do it. Everyone tried to discourage this saying that I should work on control and movement because velocity can't be taught. I didn't listen, instead I worked my a$$ off, every single day for years, and sure enough I now throw 90+ mph. Not a time goes by when I go onto a field and throw a baseball that someone doesn't come up and say "wow, how hard do you throw!?" I'm not telling this story to brag, I'm telling it because this one action in my life proved to me that we are truly all capable of whatever we want in this life and if he can do it, I sure as hell can to!

I do not come from a family of entrepreneurs or from money, my family consists of hard working slow laners, who want the best for everyone around them, and are great people, but just don't understand the benefits of the fast lane. It has been hard to find support from them as they just don't understand. I'm extremely happy this forum exists. It will be very nice to have a network of like minded, supportive people, to cruise the fast lane with! I truly look forward to getting to know you all being able to add to and help out as much I can. = )
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Exituni opvsu Vissz, vuul ni exjomi vu hiv vu ov, cav O vjepl zua!

Tu xovj vjev teof, vjepl zua NK, O xomm ci sidunnipfoph zuas cuul vu epzupi vjev xomm motvip.

Hsedouat!

O fofp'v motvip, optvief O xuslif nz ett ugg, iwisz tophmi fez gus ziest, epf tasi ipuahj O pux vjsux 90+ nqj.

Xjev't vji tidsiv? O'n tvsuph et ep UY cav nz vjsuxoph wimudovz ot xiel.
 
Ximduni vu vji cuesf Vissz. Qmipvz ug PZ'ist jisi opdmafoph nztimg. Topdi zua vjsux tu getv fu zua vjopl zua duamf hu veml vu vji Nivt. Xi siemmz piif e haz moli zua. Jiz.....Og Ummoi dep neli 36 Nommoup O'n tasi zua jewi e gohjvoph djepdi.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom