The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hey Everyone

Kyleguy

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 5, 2018
Hey everyone,

My name is Kyle (No, not the Kyle MJ talked about it Unscripted who "wants to get your money working for you"), and I'm 29 years old.

I ended up on this forum after reading both TMF and Unscripted . These books were some of the biggest mindf*cks I've ever experienced. I've always enjoyed reading, especially books related to self improvement because, well, I want to be the best version of myself possible. But these were different.

In an attempt to "be somebody", I joined the military at age 20 as a medic. It turned out to be a very good choice and provided me with a lot of valuable experiences and introduced me to people who I expect will be lifelong friends. I spent just over 8 years in this job.

I actually had a "F*ck this" moment while working this job, but didn't know at the time that it was called a "F*ck this" moment. Unfortunately it falls under the "cancer corollary" category. In 2015, my mom was diagnosed with cancer, and after a relatively quick battle (3 months), passed away. It's hard to explain what that does to you, and I don't want to generalize, but I know for sure that it forces you to really reflect on life. For me, this was the first big slap in the face where I finally asked myself: "What the hell do I really want from my life? How do I want to live? Who do I want to be?" This ended with me deciding that military life was no longer for me, nor did I want to continue to work in healthcare.

I ended up with the mindset that I "had" to experience as much as possible. I starting trying all kinds of different activities. I ended a 5 year relationship that I realized I was unhappy being in, and decided to be a selfish douche. I wanted to have as much fun as possible. I bought a motorcycle, and rode around like a dumbass (translation: fast). I dated, went out drinking, partied with friends, etc. It was a hedonistic path, with a sprinkle of self destruction.

I came out of this short phase fairly unscathed (luckily), and realized that chasing random experiences and trying to have as much fun as possible wasn't what I was after. This left me again asking: "Who do I want to be? What do I want?"

I now have a job I enjoy, and am happily married. I also continued to read books about self-help and finance.

One day around 4-5 months ago, I stumbled upon TMF , after googling "Best books about making money." It completely blew me away. I couldn't stop reading it. Then Unscripted . First the kindle version, now the audiobook as well.

I had never thought about anything the way MJ describes it in these 2 books. About slowlane living, fastlane, indentured servitude, about the lies the financial industry sells while turning around and doing the opposite, my own biases and BS... It still makes me shake my head. He made me realize that my job and income are not as stable as I previously thought, and I actually don't have much autonomy at all. I have no control over my work, assuming there will be work, and on my current path, I will only ever trade time for money.

I had thought about entrepreneurship before, but as my google search suggests, only from the mindset of "what's in it for me?" I now understand this mistake, and am thinking from the "what value can I provide?" perspective. I'm now working on "unf*cking myself from what's "f*cking" me.

Thank you MJ for what you're doing, and everyone for contributing to these forums. I look forward to adding to the discussions going on, and although I'm still in the idea phase, sharing my experiences with all of you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Welcome to the forum! You may find yourself immersed in the Gold threads for awhile!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great intro Kyle appreciate the background. So glad the books opened your eyes.

I actually had a "F*ck this" moment while working this job, but didn't know at the time that it was called a "F*ck this" moment. Unfortunately it falls under the "cancer corollary" category. In 2015, my mom was diagnosed with cancer, and after a relatively quick battle (3 months), passed away.

So sorry to hear this!

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Kyle I'm glad your here.

Great community to be in, this place has made my life better, I hope it can do the same for you.

Sorry about your mum, life is cruel ☹️

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...