The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

He's 26, with $60 million In Revenue. He needs advice.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
Lonny Thiessen needs advice about getting advice.

Mr. Thiessen is the president and chief executive officer of Western Manufacturing Ltd., the Grande Prairie, Alta.-based business he founded in 2008.

The company, which specializes in steel fabrication and manufacturing for the oilfields, is growing tremendously, generating $32.8-million in revenue in 2011, a figure Mr. Thiessen expects to break $60-million for 2012.

But “I’m [just] 26 years old,†Mr. Thiessen says. “Within our management pool, just about everybody’s under 40. “It’s a very energetic group, which is a lot of fun to work with. But there’s just not a lot of that grey-haired experience that says, ’I’ve been here, done this, and this is how it works.’â€

He's 26, with $60-million in revenue, but could still use advice | Globe and Mail

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Alana

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Nov 16, 2012
In the middle of a national forest (in N. CA)
I appreciate the fact that he doesn’t have the “I-am-so-bad-a$$-that-I-make-the-rules-and-rule-the-world” mentality. Because he both recognizes his staff’s strengths and weaknesses, he’ll be able to fill in the missing pieces to make his company more well rounded. It’s almost ironic that he is struggling to find folks that have the years/experience behind them….ironic but a vital component to ensuring that one brings the best of both worlds to the table (ie: “fresh and new” with “wise and experienced). I think ultimately, regardless of age, you have to build a staff that suits your company’s culture (oh, my younger brother just told me that a better word than culture is ‘synergy’). So be it….

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I appreciate the fact that he doesn’t have the “I-am-so-bad-a$$-that-I-make-the-rules-and-rule-the-world”

Thats probably why he is so successful. He is able to set his ego aside and analyze his weaknesses. 99% of people have their minds going 1,000 miles an hour while thinking they know everything.

I'm guilty of this. The older I get the more I realize how much of a dumbass I am and how much I don't really know. I got a long way to go.

Ali

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
May 10, 2012
Oman
In todays world people with grey hair make as much mistakes as younger ones. Edward De Bono the father of Lateral Thinking and the 6-Thinking Hats once said: if you are a bad thinker today, after 20 years you will be an excellent bad thinker!!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.