The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Herr Unternehmer Introduction

HerrUnternehmer

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Oct 3, 2019
Germany
Hello I am Herr Unternehmer
I'm 21 years old. For some time now I have been visiting this forum and have decided to participate more in this forum. Therefore I would like to introduce myself. As you might recognize by my name, I am from Germany. I study at the University of Business and Economics, but my main focus is to do my own thing. I come from an employee family. But I do not want to work as an employee, I hate it. I love to work on my own projects.

So far I have tried the following:
  • start your own table tennis racket company (it didn't work because there is only one supplier in Europe and he didn't want to work with me)
  • tried ebay flipping (watched a bit too much Gary Vee :D ), but I can't scale it without hiring staff , have no control and it doesnt work with my dream. Made some money and then stopped.
  • I started an Instagram account and got 9000 followers within 5 months. But stopped because it wasn't fun anymore and my attempts to monetize it failed.
  • Since one year I would like to start my own business in the online marketing/web design area. So far I have created 8 websites for customers. Optically they look below average, but SEO technically they are good. I didn't ask for money because I wanted to use these websites to learn. I want to continue to pursue that. My design skills are below average. The last 4 months I did an internship in an online marketing agency.

What does the future look like?
My goal for the next 2 years is to set up my own online business so that I can emigrate. Germany is cold, has many laws ( eg. data security ) and must pay with approx. 60k over 50% taxes. My goal would be a online business in Panama or on the Cayman Islands and live in a country like Colombia. I earn Euros, don't have to pay taxes due to my business in a tax-free country and have a lower cost of living. This gives me more money to invest and a better life for less money.

What will the next 4 months look like?
I have the next 4 months completely free and will use the time to gain experience and hopefully celebrate my first successes by then.
In February I will fly to Panama to get to know the country (according to the motto: "Taste your dreams").
I will also open a Progressthread and write there about my next steps and projects.

Finally, I would like to thank everyone who has posted in this forum so far. The quality in this forum is incredibly good. I've learned so much and got so much motivation. Here are real entrepreneurs and not fake gurus who want to sell a course.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jpn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
285%
May 6, 2017
Netherlands
So far I have tried the following:
  • start your own table tennis racket company (it didn't work because there is only one supplier in Europe and he didn't want to work with me)
  • tried ebay flipping (watched a bit too much Gary Vee :D ), but I can't scale it without hiring staff , have no control and it doesnt work with my dream. Made some money and then stopped.
  • I started an Instagram account and got 9000 followers within 5 months. But stopped because it wasn't fun anymore and my attempts to monetize it failed.
  • Since one year I would like to start my own business in the online marketing/web design area. So far I have created 8 websites for customers. Optically they look below average, but SEO technically they are good. I didn't ask for money because I wanted to use these websites to learn. I want to continue to pursue that. My design skills are below average. The last 4 months I did an internship in an online marketing agency.

Sounds like you give up easily. That’s a bad habit to form.

If a European supplier won’t sell to you, buy from elsewhere.

If you need to hire to grow, then hire people. If you give up every time a minor challenge presents itself you’ll never successful.

HerrUnternehmer

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Oct 3, 2019
Germany
Sounds like you give up easily. That’s a bad habit to form.

If a European supplier won’t sell to you, buy from elsewhere.

If you need to hire to grow, then hire people. If you give up every time a minor challenge presents itself you’ll never successful.

but I see it more as trying things out and gaining experience.

Ebay flipping is something that is not in line with my dreams. Why should i put more energy into that business?

There are 1-2 suppliers of table tennis rubbers worldwide. That's why I didn't pursue this idea any further.

Maybe you're right, and I'm trying to rationalize my actions.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Patrick Ciora

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Dec 5, 2019
Germany
Welcome on board @HerrUnternehmer.
Keep chasing your dreams! ... as the people before mentioned.

But try to look for something scalable and try to fullfill all 5 CENTS as metioned in The Millionaire Fastlane , this should be a approach which is good to go!

Keep your head up, and never give up.

Best regards,
Patrick

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!