The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO Herr Unternehmer Introduction

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

HerrUnternehmer

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Oct 3, 2019
Germany
Hello I am Herr Unternehmer
I'm 21 years old. For some time now I have been visiting this forum and have decided to participate more in this forum. Therefore I would like to introduce myself. As you might recognize by my name, I am from Germany. I study at the University of Business and Economics, but my main focus is to do my own thing. I come from an employee family. But I do not want to work as an employee, I hate it. I love to work on my own projects.

So far I have tried the following:
  • start your own table tennis racket company (it didn't work because there is only one supplier in Europe and he didn't want to work with me)
  • tried ebay flipping (watched a bit too much Gary Vee :D ), but I can't scale it without hiring staff , have no control and it doesnt work with my dream. Made some money and then stopped.
  • I started an Instagram account and got 9000 followers within 5 months. But stopped because it wasn't fun anymore and my attempts to monetize it failed.
  • Since one year I would like to start my own business in the online marketing/web design area. So far I have created 8 websites for customers. Optically they look below average, but SEO technically they are good. I didn't ask for money because I wanted to use these websites to learn. I want to continue to pursue that. My design skills are below average. The last 4 months I did an internship in an online marketing agency.

What does the future look like?
My goal for the next 2 years is to set up my own online business so that I can emigrate. Germany is cold, has many laws ( eg. data security ) and must pay with approx. 60k over 50% taxes. My goal would be a online business in Panama or on the Cayman Islands and live in a country like Colombia. I earn Euros, don't have to pay taxes due to my business in a tax-free country and have a lower cost of living. This gives me more money to invest and a better life for less money.

What will the next 4 months look like?
I have the next 4 months completely free and will use the time to gain experience and hopefully celebrate my first successes by then.
In February I will fly to Panama to get to know the country (according to the motto: "Taste your dreams").
I will also open a Progressthread and write there about my next steps and projects.

Finally, I would like to thank everyone who has posted in this forum so far. The quality in this forum is incredibly good. I've learned so much and got so much motivation. Here are real entrepreneurs and not fake gurus who want to sell a course.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

jpn

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 6, 2017
Netherlands
So far I have tried the following:
  • start your own table tennis racket company (it didn't work because there is only one supplier in Europe and he didn't want to work with me)
  • tried ebay flipping (watched a bit too much Gary Vee :D ), but I can't scale it without hiring staff , have no control and it doesnt work with my dream. Made some money and then stopped.
  • I started an Instagram account and got 9000 followers within 5 months. But stopped because it wasn't fun anymore and my attempts to monetize it failed.
  • Since one year I would like to start my own business in the online marketing/web design area. So far I have created 8 websites for customers. Optically they look below average, but SEO technically they are good. I didn't ask for money because I wanted to use these websites to learn. I want to continue to pursue that. My design skills are below average. The last 4 months I did an internship in an online marketing agency.

Sounds like you give up easily. That’s a bad habit to form.

If a European supplier won’t sell to you, buy from elsewhere.

If you need to hire to grow, then hire people. If you give up every time a minor challenge presents itself you’ll never successful.

VincentVega24

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Nov 26, 2019
Frankfurt, Germany
I agree with what @jpn said.
Welcome to the Forum, I'm from Germany as well and always eager to expand my network in this country, so please feel free to message me about anything.

Greetings from Frankfurt.

OP
OP
H

HerrUnternehmer

New Contributor
Oct 3, 2019
Germany
Sounds like you give up easily. That’s a bad habit to form.

If a European supplier won’t sell to you, buy from elsewhere.

If you need to hire to grow, then hire people. If you give up every time a minor challenge presents itself you’ll never successful.
but I see it more as trying things out and gaining experience.

Ebay flipping is something that is not in line with my dreams. Why should i put more energy into that business?

There are 1-2 suppliers of table tennis rubbers worldwide. That's why I didn't pursue this idea any further.

Maybe you're right, and I'm trying to rationalize my actions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
New Course! Upwork Client Psychology I #UdemyApproved! Upwork Client Psychology I is designed...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

The 2020 Fastlane Summit

This event SOLD OUT in October. For authorized resale tickets, please check ticket resales or contact the forum directly.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom