What's new

Here. We. Go.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

NicholasJames

New Contributor
Joined
Feb 20, 2015
Messages
6
Rep Bank
$125
User Power: 183%
As my introduction thread stated, I'll be opening this progress thread as a way to reflect my previous days and keep track of my sales over the course of this summer. Minnesota is cold and brutal in the winters so my plan is to increase sales this summer in the car that I'm having delivered in the next couple of weeks. I won't discuss my current debt or living expenses. This thread is specifically for my business goals and for me to reflect every morning M-F on the prior days results. Monday will reflect upon Saturday and Sunday even if I'm not working those days.

Current situation, gross sales, goals and philosophy:

My current situation is I only have my cargo van for delivery and daily driving. It's somewhat rusted and has a few dents but runs great and I believe it will last until at minimum next summer. This is why I've recently decided to get my car instead of a new van. I've wanted this car for a while and it was within reason for me to get so I "bought" (auto loan) it and am having it shipped. It will be used for business to do sales in as well as personal driving. I do not want to use the van for doing sales only deliveries and this is for personal reasons.

As it stands, my gross sales in April were $5960.19. Gross sales monthly will vary heavily because I bill customers via invoice and even though it's supposed to be net 10 days, it doesn't always work that way. Thus why this month was only close to $6k. The average monthly gross is closer to $7k currently.

My goal is to increase monthly gross to at LEAST $10k by the end of summer, preferably more. This is does not include any referrals that I receive, entirely self propelled effort. I plan on doing this by using my current clientele as references and using my product as leverage in my sales conversation since it's a healthy niche and is in demand currently. My average work week will be around 50 hours, about 30 more hours than I currently put into this business.

Once winter hits, I will take a break from sales and just do my deliveries. The average work week at this rate should be around 25-30 hours for everything. I will continue to take referrals but will not be actively seeking business. I will continue sales in the summer.

By the end of summer 2016, I would like to gross around $250-300k a year. It's at this time that I'll need to hire help. I'm uncertain at this point whether it will be someone I know or not and don't need to decide that yet. Once I've hired on one person, I will continue to work on sales while doing deliveries. I very much enjoy deliveries and don't feel a need to hire 2 people to do deliveries even if I could afford to do so.

By the end of summer 2017, I would like to gross around $500-600k a year. Due to increased referrals and me becoming a better sales person, I wholeheartedly believe this is possible to achieve. At this point I will have to decide whether I will hire a sales person and another delivery person while having me become more administrative.

If along the way another opportunity comes along, I will have to decide whether to sell my business or automate it sooner. Either way, the growth will continue on my end. We'll see what happens but this is a solid foundation assuming I stay in my current business.

I have recently changed my mind about money and it has changed it's mind about me. I no longer look at it as a negative in my life though I understand it can do negative things. I promise myself and those who know me that money will not change who I am and money will only bring out the better side of what I've inherited through my parents. I will remain kind to others and give back after giving myself what I've rightfully earned in my hardworking endeavors.

I would like to thank my parents, friends and wife for supporting me in this journey. I also thank a handful of books and audios that allowed me double my business in the past few months. I also thank all the readers who support me and I look forward to being able to give back in any way possible.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Nohjv jewi e getvmepi hoh huoph up vji tofi ug vjot catopitt xjodj O duptofis tmuxmepi iwip og ov nelit ni uwis 6 gohasit. Tvomm huoph vu qutv sitamvt epf aqfevit up vjot vjuahj. Miespoph jux vu fsowi e tvodl ot jesf xusl :y
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom