- Joined
- Dec 31, 2015
- Messages
- 54
Rep Bank
$405
$405
User Power: 124%
Alrighty, hey guys! Most of my friends call me Verge, so I figured that would be a good name on this forum. A little info on myself: I am 16 years old, Junior in High school and I have much to learn. I started reading TMF because someone recommended it to me, and i'd like to say, wow. Couple chapters left to go, but I left my copy at home so I figured why not try the forums out. Been reading through some of the material on here, and boy oh boy am I a noob.
So here is my plan, so far. I want to attend the United States Merchant Marine Academy for two reasons, one being that tuition is payed for by the government, and the second being that it will put me into a great (slow lane) job right away as a third officer on a ship. The latter, i feel will be the most effective because of multiple reasons:
Thats all I have planned out so far, I dont think its that bad of an idea, but I really really would love some feedback from you guys! Thank you!
So here is my plan, so far. I want to attend the United States Merchant Marine Academy for two reasons, one being that tuition is payed for by the government, and the second being that it will put me into a great (slow lane) job right away as a third officer on a ship. The latter, i feel will be the most effective because of multiple reasons:
- Job will provide capital for me to start a business, website, etc.
- Job will take me around the world, see different cultures, learn new things
- Job will expose me to problems that need to be solved!
- Saving money is easy on a ship according to my brother in law, who says that basically everything is provided for you. (food, clothes, etc.)
- Plenty of thinking time and reading time
- Trading/Negotiating experience
Thats all I have planned out so far, I dont think its that bad of an idea, but I really really would love some feedback from you guys! Thank you!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
