The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Here to get Unscripted

TravisC

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 24, 2019
I'm here looking to learn and find my way to Unscripted .

I was born to factory workers and so I ended up a factory worker. I was taught that you go to work, and go to the bank if you want a house or car, and try to save money. That was pretty much it about anything financial. One day it hit me I was never going to be free stuck in a factory.

I've always loved music, so I had the bright idea to try and start a business around my passion. This set me on the learning journey. Trying to figure out how to free my time. Trying to read as much as I could to learn to be successful.

Fast forward about 5 years and several books that seemed to say the same thing, and I stumbled across a podcast with MJ as the guest. I liked what he talked about with being in the fastlane. So I bought the Kindle version of The Millionaire Fastlane .

The book hit me like a ton of bricks. Here I was halfway between the sidewalk and slowlane making all the wrong decisions. A house, debt, car payment.
I've since listened to Unscripted on Audible. I still have trouble finding where I can add value. I know this is the right path though for the first time in my life.

I came here to learn more from you guys while I'm whittling away at my debt. I desperately want to show my kids you can be free of the script. I want my time back so I can see them grow more and experience more life on my terms.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

TravisC

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 24, 2019
Welcome Travis, appreciate the intro.

And how has that worked out? Are you any closer to freeing yourself?

It's not working out. I started a little recording studio out of my house. I used debt to get going. So I'm still tied to my time of course. I feel like I'm adding value to the bands that come to record. So I'm still at it but I'm very small. I'm using what money I make from it to pay on my debt while I look for a better way. I learned from your books how I need to look for something scalable. Plus I saw how my sidewalk / slowlane mindset hurt me from the start.

Chinese alligato

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Sep 22, 2019
I'm here looking to learn and find my way to Unscripted .

I was born to factory workers and so I ended up a factory worker. I was taught that you go to work, and go to the bank if you want a house or car, and try to save money. That was pretty much it about anything financial. One day it hit me I was never going to be free stuck in a factory.

I've always loved music, so I had the bright idea to try and start a business around my passion. This set me on the learning journey. Trying to figure out how to free my time. Trying to read as much as I could to learn to be successful.

Fast forward about 5 years and several books that seemed to say the same thing, and I stumbled across a podcast with MJ as the guest. I liked what he talked about with being in the fastlane. So I bought the Kindle version of The Millionaire Fastlane .

The book hit me like a ton of bricks. Here I was halfway between the sidewalk and slowlane making all the wrong decisions. A house, debt, car payment.
I've since listened to Unscripted on Audible. I still have trouble finding where I can add value. I know this is the right path though for the first time in my life.

I came here to learn more from you guys while I'm whittling away at my debt. I desperately want to show my kids you can be free of the script. I want my time back so I can see them grow more and experience more life on my terms.

Attachments

• d6d3982c217d99251bd6bb988ef7ded3.gif
    d6d3982c217d99251bd6bb988ef7ded3.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 15

Frank H.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Dec 22, 2018
Good thread! I have read TMF and I am going to start reading Unscripted . I am listening via Audible and it has been enjoyable and informative. Hopefully, I will leave the slow lane and enter the fast lane in the near future :)

Chinese alligato

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Sep 22, 2019
嗨!学长,我真的要为你点赞,因为你做出了离开剧情设定的最好选择,不管下一步怎么样,一定会越来越好,(起码比放弃自由好的多)。
你知道吗?现在我就像是5年前的你,一只脚在人行道,一只脚在慢车道。在读到MJ的快车道之前我有负债,(为了提升内在价值的学习费用,分期付款)同时也在网上付费学习了慢车道类别中的共同基金理财,我 同时还有至少450人,一方面在网络上学习基金以及保险技巧,另一方面在积极认真地写笔记本,(同学们甚至还天真的相信自己在几十年后就会成为地区的首富),直到偶然,一个幸运的书籍推荐,让我看到了《The Millionaire Fastlane 》它就像是“强力清洗剂”擦干净了我的挡风玻璃,并且详细分析了财富路线。
现在我的债务已经差不多消失了,我要去积累一些启动资金,下一步去寻找需求并提出解决方法,建立快车道业务。
以前我觉得每天的生活就像这张图片一样,每天被迫起床、刷牙、上厕所穿衣服,还有让人无法直视的有期徒刑,一切都太可怕了。
现在我每天早两个小时起床,读书学习,这感觉不错,但有期徒刑还是很可恶,每天有14h的工作时间,。必须早点离开慢车道!
Sorry, my English is not very good, so I replied through translation software.
Hi! Senior, I really want to praise you, because you have made the best choice to leave the plot set, no matter what the next step is, it will definitely get better and better (at least much better than giving up freedom).
You know what? Now I am like you five years ago, one foot on the sidewalk and one foot on the slow lane. Before I read MJ's fast lane, I was in debt (in order to improve the intrinsic value of the study fees, installment payments) and I also paid online to learn mutual fund management in the slow lane category. At the same time, I have at least 450 people. On the one hand, I learned fund and insurance skills online. On the other hand, I was actively and seriously writing notebooks (students even naively believed that they would become the richest man in the region in a few decades). Until by chance, a lucky book recommendation showed me the "Millionaire Fast Track", which was like a "powerful detergent" wiping off my windshield and analyzing the wealth route in detail.
Now that my debt has almost disappeared, I'm going to accumulate some start-up capital, and next I'm going to look for demand and propose solutions to build fast-track business.
In the past, I felt that everyday life was just like this picture. Every day I was forced to get up, brush my teeth, go to the toilet and wear clothes, as well as being sentenced to fixed-term imprisonment that people could not look straight at. Everything was terrible.
Now I get up two hours early every day and study. It feels good, but fixed-term imprisonment is still abominable. I have 14 hours of working time every day. I must leave the slow lane early!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...