The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Help with Amazon Ads

Marketing, social media, advertising

nope327

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
May 17, 2013
Denver, CO
Hey there guys.

I was hoping someone could point me towards some information on Amazon ads. My company sells cell phone cases that we design and produce. Obviously, Amazon doesn't have our product listed, so I made my own listing. Once I switched us to FBA (Fullfilled by Amazon), we saw an increase in sales, but still nothing worth writing home about. I tried some Amazon ads, but went into it blind and ended up losing a bunch of money. Are there any references that anyone could suggest that could point me towards the right direction?

We are still selling cases every month, but even if you type in our business name into Amazon, we aren't even the first on the list. Our company name is BAK Cases.

Any help would be great. Thanks guys.
-Kyle-

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

moolah

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Hey Kyle! Since you mentioned that you lost some money on sponsored ads, I'll assume that you are getting some clicks to your product listing, but aren't converting. I haven't looked at your specific listings, but make sure that your copy is well written and properly formatted. Product photos that stand out also help. Anything really that sets you apart from the rest. Oh, and you'll want more and more reviews.

About your organic rankings, really it just takes time. Once you're raking in some sales, you'll slowly creep up. Whatever keywords you're targeting for, don't forget to include it in your title (or in one of the keyword slots when you edit your product).

You're already selling, so what I'd do is get my conversation rate up. More sales = faster ranking!

nope327

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
May 17, 2013
Denver, CO
Moolah,

Thank you for the response. I noticed we have a bunch of impressions but not much on the conversions (less than 1%) do you have any suggestions about how to use ads and keywords more effectively?

Our page is listed below, if you or anyone else has a moment, I would appreciate any criticism.
I would love to get more reviews, however, it seems most people do not want to take time to write a review about a cell phone case (I totally understand this). Good call though. I have asked around the Amazon community a bit about rich formatting on their Amazon page but with little success. Otterbox has an amazing product page, do you know if that is only available to large vendors? Thanks again.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AAPEL6E/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

-Kyle-

moolah

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
About the conversions, the "conversions" that I was talking about isn't referring to just simply how many people click on a sponsored ad. It's how many people actually BUY your product. Amazon's reporting system is clunky and you can't narrow down to your true conversion rate on your paid advertising efforts. You can however find out your overall conversion rate for all your combined impressions on your product listing. If you go to your detailed page sales report, enable the "unit session percentage" column, and that % should be it. I often like to tweak and change one thing in my listing, wait a week, and see how it affects this number.

Some thoughts on your listing:
- Trim the excess white space around your main product photo. Doing this will make your image "bigger". The bigger the image, the higher click through rate.
- Take advantage of the "sale feature". You're selling for $24.99, why don't you list with a normal price of $34.99 and make it on sale? I haven't personally tested having a sale VS no sale, but I can almost be certain that "on sale" items convert higher.
- You have 1 unanswered question, you should go reply to that. I don't know if it's just me, but when I see an unanswered question, makes it seems like there is no "activity" with that product (or the seller isn't responsive). Make sure to answer the question in a way that highlights your product features.
- Reword your bullet points to highlight benefits first, then features. For example, you wrote just: "reinforced thermoplastic shell". I'd make it "Never worry about dropping your phone ever again with BAK's Reinforced Thermoplastic Shell specially engineered for those "oops!" moments" ..something like that!

I see that you've been experimenting with some html formatting in your description, that's awesome! I forget, but you are allotted way more words to fill up your description. Amazon real estate is VERY precious. Use them all up with your amazing copy!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.