The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Help w/ Indie Publishing Company - How do I pay my clients?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

DJNighthawk

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 17, 2020
USA
Hello, I am about to launch an indie publishing company that deals in niche fiction novels among other products. I won't be outright purchasing the rights to my potential clients' work, but will rather be hosting their content on my website's marketplace. They give me their novel, I market/sell it on my website and take a cut of the total price of each copy sold.

Everything is in place, but I am stuck on how to pay my potential clients. I want to pay each client weekly. Is there a service I can use to automate this process? For example, could I input the sales numbers from each product into some database and have it deliver that amount into whatever platform my client wants to use (Direct Deposit, PayPal)?

Extra Details: I am using WordPress w/ Elementor for my website. I am using WooCommerce for my storefront which can accept PayPal and credit card payments via Stripe.

Thanks so much for any help, have a nice day.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I think monthly is the standard payment method for any type of sales portal.

DJNighthawk

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 17, 2020
USA
I think monthly is the standard payment method for any type of sales portal.
Understood, thanks for replying. I was honestly just copying what I read in Siver's Anything You Want. But monthly does sound better in terms of me not having to keep up with it as much. I will keep that in mind, thanks.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I want to pay each client weekly. Is there a service I can use to automate this process? For example, could I input the sales numbers from each product into some database and have it deliver that amount into whatever platform my client wants to use (Direct Deposit, PayPal)?

Have you looked into automation tools like Zapier? or Zoho?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DJNighthawk

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 17, 2020
USA
Have you looked into automation tools like Zapier? or Zoho?
Yes, I just took a look at both. They do seem useful down the line, but don't seem to be what I need right now. For the time being, I've decided to try out 'Stripe Connect' as it allows me to deposit payouts into the bank accounts of those whose Stripe accounts are connected to mine. If there is anything similar, (that will allow me to easily move money around for little cost) please let me know.

Apologies for any trouble, thanks so much for your help.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.