The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Help!!! My Detox Website has 100 to 200 Views and still NO Sales!

Ruben5

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1%
Jul 27, 2011
Dallas
Hi my detox website recieved about 100 to 200 views every day and I still dont have any sales...
I spent alot of time and money into my ebook and still not one person has bought it! I even threw in
slideshows to sweeten the deal and still no sales... Im just very frustrated because I keep trying to make a successfull website and I just cant find success!

I was thinking about putting my name on the ebook but im not a detox expert plus Im young guy so I dont think people would take me or the ebook seriouse. Another frustrating thing is I keep 100 to 200 views a day but my sales page will only get 10 to 15 views a day.. If any body could give me some advice I would highly appreciate it..

Detox Website: Number 1 Resource for a 7 Day Detox

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Work on your copy. It's not compelling. It's boring and too long. It's work to read. I don't care to read it.

Also, how do I buy the thing? It just says 'See the Bundle' why would I wanna see it if I don't know what you have to offer?

I get it, it's detox, but what exactly is it? I want to know! Tell me what you have! Tell me what it does!

...get it?

Why is there no way to buy the bundle directly from the first sales page?

alanchavez

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 14, 2012
Brownsville
The-J pretty much said it all.
The text is too long, I did not even finish reading it.
Check Alty's thread, he might wanna help you with your copywriting.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Put a clickable blinking bar that goes accross the bottom of your welcome page example click here that says

Your HEALTH is number one prority! Put yourself first and Buy 7 Day Detox now! RRP $124 NOW ONLY $19.95

This should take them direct to your payment processor

Ruben5

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1%
Jul 27, 2011
Dallas
Thanks for the advice you can buy the bundle from the sales page but you have to scroll down to the bottom.. So do you think I should make the sales page really short and just say what it does and have? I noticed most sales pages are really long so I thought thats the way your suppose to sale your digital products.. Also as for the banner Im still trying to work on making the banner a clickable link..

Ruben5

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1%
Jul 27, 2011
Dallas
I will give it a go if you like! :)

Hell Yeah! I would appreciate any help.. Tell me what I should put on my banner and sales page if possible.. Plus Ill be happy to pay you when I get paid on 1st.. :) And I can give you some more work on my other websites..

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
"I will give it a go if you like! "

Hell yeah! If you can write a great sales page for me Ill be happy to pay you or use you for my other websites also..

Cool. Lets do this! :)

I'll squeeze you out the best call to action copy I possibly can.

Expect a first draft inside 48hrs.

Then we can do as many revisions as you like until your satisfied with the quality.

alanchavez

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 14, 2012
Brownsville
Hey I'm the guy who did the webpage grouctivity.com
If you want to put a blinking text at the bottom of the text, PM me and I'll send you the code

Nomangee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
May 11, 2012
Germany
I think the best way atm to sell something is a cartoon style promo video, that explains your product in 1-2 mins.

Saw a lot of websites that were successful with this marketing strategy

alanchavez

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 14, 2012
Brownsville
I noticed most sales pages are really long so I thought thats the way your suppose to sale your digital products.. Also as for the banner Im still trying to work on making the banner a clickable link..

That's true, there are a lot of long landing pages and they have a huge conversion, and I'm going to tell you why.

They have almost-PERFECT copywriting,

The landing page is long, but is easy to read, it engages you since you start reading, and then you can't stop. They bomb you with a lot of CTAs (call to actions). They do a pretty good job at it. That's why you need great copy

Ruben5

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1%
Jul 27, 2011
Dallas
I think the best way atm to sell something is a cartoon style promo video, that explains your product in 1-2 mins.

Saw a lot of websites that were successful with this marketing strategy

Yes I completely agree.. Do you know about a good example so I can hire someone to create one? But in the same time I have to get people to start going to my sales page first.. 10 people out of 100 checking out my sales page is pretty bad..

Ruben5

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1%
Jul 27, 2011
Dallas
Hey I'm the guy who did the webpage grouctivity.com
If you want to put a blinking text at the bottom of the text, PM me and I'll send you the code

Thanks I have to think about that one.. Im not sure if google likes that.. I have to be carefull because most of my traffic comes from SEO but do you know the code to make my banner clickable link to my sales page?

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
That's true, there are a lot of long landing pages and they have a huge conversion, and I'm going to tell you why.

They have almost-PERFECT copywriting,

The landing page is long, but is easy to read, it engages you since you start reading, and then you can't stop. They bomb you with a lot of CTAs (call to actions). They do a pretty good job at it. That's why you need great copy

True. I would also suggest putting in the odd buy it now button for only blah blah blah between paragraphs.

You don't want to make the reader have to scroll all the way down the page to find the purchase button.

Ruben5

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1%
Jul 27, 2011
Dallas
By the way does any body have any suggestions on what I should have the banner say to get more people to check out my sales page? My Detox Ebook has 50 detox recipes that helps with Ummm all kinds of problems like headaches, liver detox, etc..

10 out of 100 people checkig out my sales page is pretty bad!

Idella

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
May 26, 2012
Chinatown, Philly
By the way does any body have any suggestions on what I should have the banner say to get more people to check out my sales page? My Detox Ebook has 50 detox recipes that helps with Ummm all kinds of problems like headaches, liver detox, etc..

10 out of 100 people checkig out my sales page is pretty bad!

The front page could use some quick facts and the headers aren't in bold.

Also if you google detox diet the front pages of google point to how unsafe such diets an be, reinforce the safety of your diet.

I am on a diet right now and detox was not even a consideration.

P90X Workout - P90X Workout Review - P90X Extreme Home Fitness Workout Program - beachbody.com

the P90x site jumps right into what it's offering with some quick explanations and fancy eye catching graphics.

Ruben5

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1%
Jul 27, 2011
Dallas
The front page could use some quick facts and the headers aren't in bold.

Also if you google detox diet the front pages of google point to how unsafe such diets an be, reinforce the safety of your diet.

I am on a diet right now and detox was not even a consideration.

P90X Workout - P90X Workout Review - P90X Extreme Home Fitness Workout Program - beachbody.com

the P90x site jumps right into what it's offering with some quick explanations and fancy eye catching graphics.

Good example thanks!

alanchavez

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 14, 2012
Brownsville
The bar that I developed is SEO friendly, crawlable text.
I use jquery and CSS to stick the bar to the bottom of the webpage, and follow you as you scroll. The "blink" effect is done with jQuery, but it's up to you :)

Remember a golden rule in SEO: design for humans and think for robots, not the other way around. In other words, there's no point on having a robot understandable and optimized web page, if you're going to be compromising user experience, at the end of the day the one who buys is are humans, and it doesn't matter how much robots like your web page and positions it well, if human don't get hooked up with your product, you won't sell a thing.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Im just very frustrated because I keep trying to make a successfull website and I just cant find success!

Here are some stats from w3schools.com: 39.3% of internet users use Google Chrome. 35.2% use Firefox. 18.1% use Internet Explorer.

Here is a problem: At least 35.2% of your visitors (Firefox) can't click the "Show Me The Bundle" button because it doesn't function as a button. I don't have Chrome, but if you configured your website with only Internet Explorer in mind, you're confusing 81.9% of your visitors. I would fix that first.

Ruben5

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1%
Jul 27, 2011
Dallas
Here are some stats from w3schools.com: 39.3% of internet users use Google Chrome. 35.2% use Firefox. 18.1% use Internet Explorer.

Here is a problem: At least 35.2% of your visitors (Firefox) can't click the "Show Me The Bundle" button because it doesn't function as a button. I don't have Chrome, but if you configured your website with only Internet Explorer in mind, you're confusing 81.9% of your visitors. I would fix that first.

Yeah your right Im working on fixing the button.. The problem is my damn word press theme doesnt allow that option to make the banner into a clickable link.. I have to do some custom coding.

TK1

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Mar 31, 2011
Read the book 'cashvertising' and use some of those tips for your biz.

cants

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Nov 10, 2011
The site doesn't look like it's selling something. Maybe add mastercard, visa logo or something that will make the readers think that you're offering something. Add a youtube vid, make the site more interesting but simple. It looks like a blog to me to be honest. Don't quit my friend.

Amail

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 12, 2012
North San Diego County
Where is your call to action? Give me a compelling BDB (Bid Damn Button) on the first page, above the fold.

Bruce

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Feb 1, 2012
Canada
Agreed cants, my first look at this website and I instantly thought it was an educational blog website. There is way to many words. It doesn't look like a website trying to sell any products. Also when I tried to buy the product I spent a while figuring out where to click (banner doesn't do anything).

I suggest getting a better sales theme than this theme. It looks to blog like.

Ruben5

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1%
Jul 27, 2011
Dallas
The site doesn't look like it's selling something. Maybe add mastercard, visa logo or something that will make the readers think that you're offering something. Add a youtube vid, make the site more interesting but simple. It looks like a blog to me to be honest. Don't quit my friend.

yeah your right I will definatley add a video plus Im working on the sales page and the homepage banner..

Ruben5

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1%
Jul 27, 2011
Dallas
Agreed cants, my first look at this website and I instantly thought it was an educational blog website. There is way to many words. It doesn't look like a website trying to sell any products. Also when I tried to buy the product I spent a while figuring out where to click (banner doesn't do anything).

I suggest getting a better sales theme than this theme. It looks to blog like.

it is a blog I just decided to sale an ebook since Im getting a ton of visitors looking for detoxing information..

Ruben5

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1%
Jul 27, 2011
Dallas
I will give it a go if you like! :)

I just want to say Alty wrote an awesome article for the homepage but unfortanately google penalized my website because I changed the content on the homepage so I went from 200 visits a day all the way down to 20!!! So I was forced by google to put in the old content.. But I will definately use Alty for my other websites and new articles...

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Back with more feedback.

Why does the button STILL not work? I'm on Firefox.

Why don't you tell me what's included?

Where's the headlines I can easily read? I don't wanna read paragraphs, I wanna see what your detox thing will do for me, how much it costs, and what it has.

Again, how much is it? What does it do? What kind of results can I expect from it? Who is endorsing it? No testimonials?

I take one look at your page and I am wowed by the picture and the rest is snooze-worthy. Sell me something, dammit, don't give me a lecture! I want to experience the positive effects of detox, I want to know that I can be promised results, I want to know what kind of results it gives, I want to know how I can buy it and how much it costs! Just tell me what I'm buying and don't be cryptic. I hate cryptic.

LamboMP

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Aug 13, 2007
Toronto
I come to your website, and I have absolutely no idea what your selling. Your button doesn't work, I don't want to read what your saying, because it's not laid out in a read friendly way. Why do I need this? Why is it the best 7 days of my life?

It looks very amateurish, and not serious, with ads floating around like your just trying to get me to click nonsense

All of the above = clicking off your site within 5 seconds.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.