Hey,
I got a major decision to make, and thought I could get some helpful advice here.
Where I stand right now:
I am 19 years old and living in Sweden. Currently working on getting an ecommerce business off the ground with my business partner, which I have done for almost a year now, with struggles. I am confident it will be successful, as soon it will get some traction -> investment and then start scaling it to other countries and so forth.
However I did now get an opportunity to move and work in the Philippines.
The upside would be:
Experience. From helping my stepfather and an entrepreneur from Dubai expanding their business to the Philippines (which I will be responsible for).
Warmer climate/Motivation
Get better at the English language
Earn money to use for capital for business - which I need for some ideas I want to execute, but can't because of lack of funds
Cut loose and don't live with my parents
Push myself out of my comfort zone
Downside:
Not be able to focus as much on the startup for a few months (I can move back and focus on it 100% when it starts to take off)
So should I go or stay?
P.S If anyone here lives in the Philippines or have lived there, please tell me some useful information about the life there as well as the "business atmosphere"
Thanks!
I got a major decision to make, and thought I could get some helpful advice here.
Where I stand right now:
I am 19 years old and living in Sweden. Currently working on getting an ecommerce business off the ground with my business partner, which I have done for almost a year now, with struggles. I am confident it will be successful, as soon it will get some traction -> investment and then start scaling it to other countries and so forth.
However I did now get an opportunity to move and work in the Philippines.
The upside would be:
Experience. From helping my stepfather and an entrepreneur from Dubai expanding their business to the Philippines (which I will be responsible for).
Warmer climate/Motivation
Get better at the English language
Earn money to use for capital for business - which I need for some ideas I want to execute, but can't because of lack of funds
Cut loose and don't live with my parents
Push myself out of my comfort zone
Downside:
Not be able to focus as much on the startup for a few months (I can move back and focus on it 100% when it starts to take off)
So should I go or stay?
P.S If anyone here lives in the Philippines or have lived there, please tell me some useful information about the life there as well as the "business atmosphere"
Thanks!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
