The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Help Me Price My Site (So I don't leave cash on the table)

George Appiah

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana
A buddy of mine has asked me to help him sell his website quickly, as he's in some family emergencies now and needs to get this off his plates (and get some cash as well).

Problem is, we're having a hard time settling on an asking price.

We're tentatively looking at 1-1.5x annual net income. Before I head off to list on Flippa, I wanted to pass it here for suggestions on what would be a good price to ask for without leaving cash on the table, knowing he also wants this off his plates ASAP.

Some details:

For the past fiscal year (see below for current income streams and additional ready-to-launch products which are all part of the sale)

Gross Income: $25,265.96
Total Expenses: $1,076.80
Net Revenue: $24,189.16 (for the year)

Niche: Muscle Building
Site Age: 15 years

Website Content: 1,297 pages of 100% original content, including free and paid downloadable workout and meal plans (most written by the dude himself over the last 15 years, with a handful of submissions from fellow industry players)

Website Traffic: 100k+ unique visitors and 200k+ visits per month. Top countries are the United States (65%), Great Britain (7%) and Canada (5%).

Website visitors: predominantly male college graduates (From Alexa/Google/FB audience info)

Social Media: Facebook page with 18k+ likes (he's also on Twitter and YouTube, but those stats are not interesting)

Income streams:
  1. Own products
    • Meal plans
    • Custom meal plans
    • weight training plans
    • Custom weight training plans
  2. Advertising
    • Adsense
    • Media.net
    • Gourmet Ads
  3. Affiliate
    • Clickbank
Additional Products and Services

The dude says the following 6 additional custom programs have been developed but not sold to the public. In his own words... "the only thing that is missing is a price point and marketing cycle."

The programs are as follows:

1) 16 Week Body Sculpting System
2) Women’s 4 Week Beginner Fat Loss and Muscle Toning Program
3) Women’s 4 Week Advanced Fat Loss and Muscle Building Program
4) Men’s 4 Week Beginner Fat Loss and Muscle Toning Program.
5) Men’s 4 Week Advanced Fat Loss and Muscle Building Program
6) 5-day workout services

What do you think? Is 1-1.5x annual net income too high? Too low? Just right?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

arl_

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Aug 15, 2016
You should check out EmpireFlippers, most of the sites I've seen there get sold for 25-30x monthly earnings profit.

George Appiah

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Very nice. He built it right with good long articles. Well done as far as length of articles. :)

George Appiah

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana
A big "Thank You" to all of you who read and responded to this thread.

To all the people who contacted me privately to offer advice, I'm very very very grateful. I've been dealing with a "little" family emergency... that' why I've not responded to your conversation. Yet.

I opened this thread to ask for advice on pricing, with the view of listing on Flippa. But interesting, a couple of people here have expressed interest in the site (www.building-muscle101.com). If you're one of these people, please note that the site is still for sale (despite my silence), and I'll respond to your conversation later today or tomorrow so we can begin due diligence.

Thank you all for your advice!

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
I have no tips for you, but I'm glad there's people like you when friends are in need of help. You're doing him a great service ! If you hadn't asked, you probably would've sold it for a smaller amount than you can really get.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.