The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Help me obtain freedom

AlbertR

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 18, 2021
I suspect everyone here is interested in more freedom, and that’s my main motivation for joining this forum. I work a traditional 9-5 job and make decent money but my job requires me to be physically present for my work. That obviously means that I have no ability to work from home or remote locations.
As a person who never owned a small business, I’d first like to learn before I go at it alone. Are there ways I can find opportunities to invest some money in a company or small business and obtain a percentage of the business, with the main understanding that I’d also want to be part of the business meetings so I can understand the inner workings of a small business? Or might there be an avenue where I could work for a small business at no charge, but would want to be paid in knowledge of how the business works? I should stress that I’m interested in scalable businesses, or businesses where I could eventually outsource most of the work and not lose the company’s profit.

I have yet to read the two recommended books and will begin doing so tomorrow. I’m sure some answers will be found in those books, so feel free to direct me to any particular chapters.

it’s great to be part of this forum community and thank you for having me.
Al

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome to the forum.

I’m sure some answers will be found in those books, so feel free to direct me to any particular chapters.

Please do not skip chapters ... if all the chapters weren't important, they wouldn't be in the books.

Nothing I hate more is explaining stuff which was already written, but the person overlooked it because they were more interested in shortcuts, than a real process.

AlbertR

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 18, 2021
Welcome to the forum.

Please do not skip chapters ... if all the chapters weren't important, they wouldn't be in the books.

Nothing I hate more is explaining stuff which was already written, but the person overlooked it because they were more interested in shortcuts, than a real process.
My OP was misunderstood. I always had every intention of reading the entire book, but was simply asking if answers to my question or questions could be directly found in the millionaire fastlane and also asking which chapters I should look horses to reading to find those answers.

your book is so far very inspirational. I began this morning and I’m already 1/3 of the way finished. I spent all my work breaks reading and read over lunch while I ate alone. I had almost no social interaction as my goal is to finish this entire book before the weekend.

I can understand how many people you encounter are searching for the short cut method, as you not many such failures in your book. And I wanted to be clear that it wasn’t and won’t be my intent.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
my question or questions could be directly found in the millionaire fastlane and also asking which chapters I should look horses to reading to find those answers.

Business specific answers are found in CENTS, introduced in TMF , it goes deeper in Unscripted .

CENTS + Value Skew, IMO, are the two most important things a new business owner should know.

Hope you find value in the work, and it helps you pave a new direction.

AlbertR

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 18, 2021
Business specific answers are found in CENTS, introduced in TMF , it goes deeper in Unscripted .

CENTS + Value Skew, IMO, are the two most important things a new business owner should know.

Thank you for the advice. I’m really enjoying millionaire fastlane . I am and have always been in the slow lane. Thankfully never on the sidewalk but still a far cry from the fast lane, which I’ll be changing right away.
After I finish millionaire fastlane this week, which book do you recommend next ?

AlbertR

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 18, 2021

It took me just under 4 days to finish TMF . MY MIND IS BLOWN and my eyes are opened for the first time. Im searching for needs and training myself to see needs all around me. Any tips or advice to better train my search for needs is welcomed. As a long time slow lane person (never on the sidewalk), am I best to now start unscripted or is there a different recommended reading MJ?

thank you so much for writing TMF and opening my eyes forever, which has already changed my life’s course!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
am I best to now start unscripted or is there a different recommended reading MJ?

All 3 books work together, slightly building on each. IMO, Unscripted is a much thorough book as it covers value skew, getting started, and a variety of mental roadblocks. The new one, TGRRE , is a story that puts both books into narrative form so you can see how things tend to manifest from nothing, to something.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...