- Joined
- Jul 18, 2021
- Messages
- 10
Rep Bank
$95
$95
User Power: 40%
I suspect everyone here is interested in more freedom, and that’s my main motivation for joining this forum. I work a traditional 9-5 job and make decent money but my job requires me to be physically present for my work. That obviously means that I have no ability to work from home or remote locations.
As a person who never owned a small business, I’d first like to learn before I go at it alone. Are there ways I can find opportunities to invest some money in a company or small business and obtain a percentage of the business, with the main understanding that I’d also want to be part of the business meetings so I can understand the inner workings of a small business? Or might there be an avenue where I could work for a small business at no charge, but would want to be paid in knowledge of how the business works? I should stress that I’m interested in scalable businesses, or businesses where I could eventually outsource most of the work and not lose the company’s profit.
I have yet to read the two recommended books and will begin doing so tomorrow. I’m sure some answers will be found in those books, so feel free to direct me to any particular chapters.
it’s great to be part of this forum community and thank you for having me.
Al
As a person who never owned a small business, I’d first like to learn before I go at it alone. Are there ways I can find opportunities to invest some money in a company or small business and obtain a percentage of the business, with the main understanding that I’d also want to be part of the business meetings so I can understand the inner workings of a small business? Or might there be an avenue where I could work for a small business at no charge, but would want to be paid in knowledge of how the business works? I should stress that I’m interested in scalable businesses, or businesses where I could eventually outsource most of the work and not lose the company’s profit.
I have yet to read the two recommended books and will begin doing so tomorrow. I’m sure some answers will be found in those books, so feel free to direct me to any particular chapters.
it’s great to be part of this forum community and thank you for having me.
Al
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
