The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Help me!! I fear I should give up :(

G

Guest34764

uMNAEeX.gif

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

A Muzumdar

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Nov 6, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Hi there, have you read "Acres of Diamond"...after reading through your story, I think you have already cracked the code to millions...just that your focus is in the opposite direction. The diamonds you seek are in your back-yard. I know you don't want to be a "notary", but you have already found ways to crack the so-called "5% get thru success" code and I am sure there might be many others who would love to know how to do that feat. Why don't you structure some kinda membership website or cartel around "how to crack the Italian Notary track"? There is someone else on the passive/residual income radar that has done just that, his name is Pat Flynn. Do a google search on him, he was an architect and he found out a way of getting "LEED Green Certification". He just never wanted to be in the slowlane and so he set-up a business just around that, it's called "Green Prep". Give it a thought, re-invent yourself till you make it...but never give up!!! :)

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Please don't give up. We have all been there. I was just there a month ago. Entrepreneurs come in all shapes, sizes and dispositions - extravert, introvert, smart, not as smart, funny, boring, etc etc. We pursue just about every kind of opportunity you can think of too. Software, product sales, Adwords optimization, whatever. I know a guy local to me that is well on his way to becoming a millionaire. He sells dirt and rocks to landscapers. (We should all consider that one when we're thinking about creating a really complex business).

We have all, however, found what we're really good at, and we focus on improving that. What we're really good at is usually not obvious, and you usually only get to it after trying a lot of things and failing at them, sometimes rather dramatically. I'm starting to suspect that I might be really good at picking good people. I don't know this for a fact yet, but its something I'm starting to explore. I might also be pretty good at leading them. We shall see.

You might be really good at being an author. Or not. You don't know until you really put yourself out there. You may end up as a successful author, or you might end up being really good at being an author's agent. Or, you might be really good at ____ Whatever the case, when you finally figure it out, it will be amazing. But you have to stick with it or you'll never know what could have been...

Natalie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Oct 20, 2015
Hi - don't give up. Not that I can say that with much weight, as I've only just started myself. However, did you research whether people were searching for the topic of your novel etc? If you want to actually make money from writing, it's a good idea to see what is popular and what people want and give them that. If you're just writing for the love of it and not to make money, then that's something else.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Giving up isn't in the entrepreneurs code of ethics. Fail forward. I'm a writer. I just keep writing away. You win some, you lose some. It's just the way it is for a writer. Beautiful thing about being a writer is you never run out words. At least I don't anyway. I just find new ways to say things in different ways. You know how many avenues there are in writing. Someone told me two weeks ago to write greeting cards. Ha ha! Maybe after all the other projects. Maybe I'll write Entrepreneur Greeting Cards that say, "Never Give Up! Please don't let the flame burn out. It should stay lit way after dark."

Ben Doyle

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Nov 11, 2015
Here's your problem as far as I can see - because I struggle with the same issues every single day;

YOU'RE DOING TOO MANY THINGS!!!

You need to focus on one thing at once.

You said you had 10 affiliate sites:

• did you optimise them and rinse every drop of profit from each?
  • Do they make money now?
  • Could you sell any and cash in?
And youve got a novel and comic and thinking about property in another country?

You need to focus.

Decide on one thing, commit to it fully and smash it out the park.

Honestly, I have 2-3 ideas a day and I used to try do them all. NONE of thrm got done until I focused on doing one thing at a time, then I started seeing results.

I hope this helps you.

Ben

AlexanderSuper

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Oct 3, 2015
Italy/Costa Rica
You guys are amazing.
I think focusing might be a solution... but also, as it has been written: it is important to experiment in ifferent things to unerstan what is really for you!!
Thanks for the support, an thanks Rob K. for the purchase...
Hope you enjoy, if you like plz review!!! :)

Laverdure

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
Two things:

#1: Selling your own Books won't make you money.

Books are only good for positioning, in my opinion.

#2: What the hell is your business model ?

You look kinda lost, overwhelmed & confused.

Here's why...

You probably have no clue about the fundamentals of creating a business & monetizing it.

So if I were you, instead of chasing the next "advanced strategy" or the newest & quickest "way" of making money, I would start by learning the basics.

Build your foundation, make sure you understand the game, make sure you understand the market place and figure out the patterns from successful entrepreneurs/businesses.

Next, pick a problem in a specific market place and validate the following:

1. Does the market place sees value in your solution that fix their problem?
2. Does the market place is willing to pay for your solution for this specific problem that they have?
3. Confirm step number 2 by making your first your few sales through deposit/discounted offer.
4. Create the product/service/package or whatever you are offering.

Last word, PICK a DAMN idea & CONFIRM the idea with the MARKET PLACE.

Then... COMMIT yourself then BLOCK any distraction or TEMPTATION to SWITCH for a new idea because it gets rough.

Having a mentor would also help.

Cheers!

AlexanderSuper

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Oct 3, 2015
Italy/Costa Rica
Well... I am a bit lost, in fact... But slowly fining my way.
Get my novel, you ll like it!!
Two things:

#1: Selling your own Books won't make you money.

Books are only good for positioning, in my opinion.

#2: What the hell is your business model ?

You look kinda lost, overwhelmed & confused.

Here's why...

You probably have no clue about the fundamentals of creating a business & monetizing it.

So if I were you, instead of chasing the next "advanced strategy" or the newest & quickest "way" of making money, I would start by learning the basics.

Build your foundation, make sure you understand the game, make sure you understand the market place and figure out the patterns from successful entrepreneurs/businesses.

Next, pick a problem in a specific market place and validate the following:

1. Does the market place sees value in your solution that fix their problem?
2. Does the market place is willing to pay for your solution for this specific problem that they have?
3. Confirm step number 2 by making your first your few sales through deposit/discounted offer.
4. Create the product/service/package or whatever you are offering.

Last word, PICK a DAMN idea & CONFIRM the idea with the MARKET PLACE.

Then... COMMIT yourself then BLOCK any distraction or TEMPTATION to SWITCH for a new idea because it gets rough.

Having a mentor would also help.

Cheers!

Laverdure

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
You got it all wrong.

First you don't even know me and I'm trying to help you and the only answer you find is get my novel?

Hmmmmm...

AlexanderSuper

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Oct 3, 2015
Italy/Costa Rica
You got it all wrong.

First you don't even know me and I'm trying to help you and the only answer you find is get my novel?

Hmmmmm...
I am sorry if I seemed disrespectful or ungrateful. I really appreciated your post. As those of many buddies before.
I read a lot an think about business and your suggestions make a lot of sense.
Still, one of my products is out there and I am trying to make it work, at least a bit. Hence the closing line of "get my novel"...
I am testing the waters also with my website an trying to understand the needs of people... which sounds obvious an simple, but somehow it's not.
Regarding the mentor... I would love to have one, but , apart from the authors of the books I read, I really don t know where to look.
Best regards

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.