The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Help: I need to delegate the copywriting

Marketing, social media, advertising

klaipeda

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Sep 22, 2015
Melbourne
Hello fellow problemologists, I'm working on my web service I'm a developer and English it's not my native language. I've very well defined the positioning of my brand, why is different from the competitors, what problem solve and why is better.

I'm planning to release the working MVP for free in February, but in the meanwhile, I would like to delegate to the copywriter the rework of the current website. Do you have any suggestions on where and how to find it? Honestly, I was almost ready to contact a copywriter on Fiverr, but then I thought it better first ask here.

Thanks in advance

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AppMan

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
May 25, 2019
I used Fiverr copy writers before to write some SEO blogs and it was good work.

Speed112

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Dec 5, 2013
Over here, over there.
It depends on what standards of quality you're looking for, what the purpose of the copy is, and how much you're willing to spend. If you're just intending to get a pair of experienced eyes to look over your existing content and point out glaring issues and grammatical mistakes, you can probably get that for free if you ask nicely.

If you want someone to re-do your whole website and conceptualize the ideal conversion journey for your target audience...

That can cost anywhere from $200 to $2000. It depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

I like the simplicity of your page and offer. Very low-friction. Very clear what you're selling. Most people get this super wrong. The only thing I'd point out really hard is that your social proof (reviews) are on a different page. So for people to see that you're legit, they need to go on someone else's website, leave your page (usually forever) and then go through a ton of effort to maybe get back and get their problem feexed. You'll lose a lot of people here. Having the link is fine, but it needs to open a new tab and not send them off before the call to action like that.

The best bet to find someone you can work with long-term is probably Upwork or by asking for a recommendation in your network (like here.) Especially if you're looking for a low-cost solution. You can find pretty skilled newbies on Upwork who are looking to get their first testimonials and are willing to work for less as a result.

Fiverr is ok-ish but usually the control is more in the hands of the person you're hiring, there is a lot of noise, you'll stumble upon many low quality service providers, and you have less flexibility.

If you can tell us more about your goals for the copy, we can probably have an easier time helping.

klaipeda

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Sep 22, 2015
Melbourne
First of all, thank you for your effort in writing me back.

My website is good but needs to change to reflect some changes I did to the business. Also, I have a list of pain points I solve and I want the copy to communicate those without friction.

I was looking on Fiverr, but maybe you're right, Upwork it's a better choice because I have also other tasks to do in the future: scripting the video, scripting calls, a page only for tradies, email check and so on. I don't want to ask here because I know how precious time is. What I'll do is to ask for a review once the website is finished.

You're absolutely right about the reviews on another website, but here in Australia, that website is the standard. What I can do is to collect some of those reviews and replicate them on my website and in the footer add the link to productreview.com.au. I think this will prevent the user to bounce.

Thanks, mate, I really appreciated your message

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.