The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Help Each Other Reach Our Dreams

HustleHard

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Oct 2, 2016
you don't need to be rich or anything for that

the guy of the movie is free to do what it wants without a boss... he is the king of the island

but this is not the life you are talking about...

View attachment 15190

that's why you must be very precise about goals

True I need to sit down and really focus on writing down my goals. I've been thinking about that recently and just wrote down a few things yesterday that I need to really focus on, this is what I wrote down...

What's your purpose in life?

How do you want to be remembered after you're gone? Very powerful thought.

What's most important to you in life?

What are your goals in life?

How are you going to accomplish your goals?

Take MASSIVE action towards your goals.

Focus on what you can control.

Don't criticize others.

Don't try to appear better than others.

How can you bring value to others?

How can you benefit others?

Be aware of lying, deceiving, self gratifying at all cost, power hungry, sociopathic people.

I really don't need to be rich to be happy, fancy cars and houses and material things don't really mean too much to me. I could be happy meeting a girl and settling down with a couple kids, driving a used Ford F150, but my ideal home would be a farm house out in the middle of nowhere on a lot of land in my home state of Virginia, surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains. Although I wouldn't mind having a cabin also in the Rocky Mountains of Northwest Montana. I also would enjoy being able to travel the world so I would need a decent amount of money to make that happen.

But I guess I view making a lot of money as a game or a challenge, it intrigues me to see how large I could build my bank account. Although I wouldn't need much to be happy, and I would give a lot of money to different causes if I had it to help others less fortunate, or even people who are STARVING to death or dying of thirst in places like Africa and the slums of India etc. Even in my current situation I am FAR more blessed than many people on this plantet and I need to try and be a little more grateful for that. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MarekvBeek

Every day I'm hustlin'
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 13, 2016
Netherlands
Wow nice story! I've read it completely.

I actually thought you where Ryan Finlay, my bad.

You seem a little bit like me how I was. The way you like things.

For example, there are a lot of things I like, same like you do. Traveling, having a nice house, having a nice car (maybe not for you), having enough money to live, etc.

But it's a lot easier to just focus on one thing. For me it is having the basics first.

Take MASSIVE action towards your goals.

How can you bring value to others?

How can you benefit others?

This will help you very much in business and life in general.

You already know what to do. Just focus on that and READ The Millionaire Fastlane , really!

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Cool man, where did you go?

We go to Destin, Florida a few times a year. We also went to Hazard, Kentucky. Basically from one extreme to the other.

It's going to be loooong so before I start let me say this. I've never hid this and Ryan knows because I've told him. As for Ryan he is scum of the earth. Before he moved to Hawaii I was real close to going to give him a visit and shit down his throat. But it's really not worth it so I didn't..... but if he was local I would have given him a visit without giving it a 2nd thought. I'm over it now and even though he screwed me over, it ended up being a good thing.

As for the cleaning business, that's where I made all my money. TONS of money to be made in the residential cleaning business. But after 19 years of it I was tired so I retired...... 5 times. lol I kept going back to the cleaning business. Then I ended up buying a washer/dryer set and then sold it and I was hooked. I figured I could keep myself busy and not have any employees. Before I knew it I had a guy repairing them for me and 2 people selling them. So on this vacation I was trying to decide.... stay real small or jack this thing up like no other used appliance store ever. My decision was to stay small for now and let it grow slow by itself. Or, if it never does, I'm ok with that too. In 3 years if my grandson wants to join me we can ramp it up at any time. Or if it all goes away tomorrow it's ok, that just means we will go to Florida more. If you have any questions send me a private message.

Amon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Jun 29, 2016
Cleveland, OH
Oh so you were doing a lot of retail arbitrage? What made you the most money with this, clothes, toys?

I've read some stuff about flipping phones but it seems there's a bigger chance of getting robbed, or stolen, crappy goods. As well as a lot of competition.

The reason I got into washer & dryer selling was because I came across Ryan Finley's blog, it seemed like a good way to make some decent cash.

https://recraigslist.com/my-story/

I've actually flipped more than washers and dryers at first, things like couches, tables, riding and push mowers, larger items that I buy for a good deal and then offer free delivery to maximize profit. The washers and dryers have a higher demand so I started focusing primarily on them.

What line of work are you in now?
Retail arbitrage is a fancy way of describing what I was doing.

I try to keep it simple and call it as it were - maximum hustle.

When I was younger, it began with trading cards and bubble gum.

This gradually turned into toys/clothing/hats/lamps/sneakers - which would eventually lead me to helping my mother grow and build her antique items shop gathering her a passive $2XXX a month.

While it is important to be as effective and efficient as you can be in your niche, I want you to know that you can walk into local/retail stores, thrift stores, flea markets and garage sales - and walk out with hundreds/thousand$ per weekend every time.

There is literally money calling your name sitting on these tables & shelves.

I am now currently co-founder of a construction procurement company.

If you want to find out more I go in detail about my journey here --> Notable! - The True Unlock to Wealth (disclaimer: It's not reading) @millennials

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
What city do you live in or major city is closest to you? I know of a place that could be heaven for you but they are only in select cities. If you want, send me a private message.

HustleHard

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Oct 2, 2016

HustleHard

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Oct 2, 2016
“Invictus” by William Ernest Henley

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate;
I am the captain of my soul.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.