The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

HELP BALANCING IT ALL

beast3146

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 8, 2019
Hey guys,

A few months back I posted this thread which turned into a HOT TOPIC: HOT TOPIC - HELP! ONLY GOT 3 MONTHS TO MAKE IT. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

The thread was about me as a 21 years old(now 22)...getting kicked out by my father from parent's house & having 3 months to make things happen. That thread was really helpful and helped me go in the right direction from all the responses.

Here is where I'm at now:

• Sold my automated cleaning business that was bringing in $1-1200/mo in profit for about 30k (to get a quick emergency fund)
  • Working on getting clients for new business...marketing agency (which is taking some time to figure out)
  • I Have an extra 2 months since last time to make it happen and move out before my father comes back from his vacation (which he extended) and figures out I'm staying in his house with my mom & lil bros. So deadline is another 2 months maybe 3 months if I'm lucky

So here are my questions, now that I have acquired 30k from selling my old service business & have some emergency fund, how should I use these next 2 months wisely:

1. Focus the entire 2 months on landing retainer clients for my marketing business. I'd need atleast 4 clients on recurring before I can afford to live on my own in Los Angeles.

2. Get a full time job either as an SEO or Sales or maybe something else you guys recommend and try to land a job quick in the next 2 months?...(which would eat huge chunks of my time by the way from working on my business)

3. If I do go with getting a full time job...how do you guys balance alot of the things in your schedule. Working full time job, working on your business. Lifting weights 2x a week, BJJ 2x a week, and maybe 1-2 days possibly to go on dates with women or social outing so I don't drive myself insane. I have tried the full monk mode thing before back in the day where all I did was work, barely go out & it screwed me up mentally a long time ago when I was 19.
This question might sound dumb for some people....but I'm having a hard time with this question. I've thought about cutting out lifting but won't since its necessary at this point for health as well as continual strength training. BJJ I have cut down to 2x a week but to completely cut it off is scary. Maybe I'm being a bitch and should quit it for now but the idea of not feeling secure in self defense situations is unnerving and ofcourse losing all the skills I acquired so far. And then of course going out only 1-2 times a week for dates with a woman or to see a friend once a week i feel will continue to keep my mental health sane.

What do you guys think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
well, if yu have a marketing business then you have to know SEO anyway right? so while your trying to get clients then do some freelance in those relevant area.

I think you could definitely be cutting out some of that exercise, right now train for health not looks and jiu jitsu ability right? like you just need the energy / health boost, you can get ripped and date supermodels when your rich.

Let me ask you regarding that socialization, if its a friday or saturday and youre not out at a party or something do you feel anxious? because if you do thats a high schoolers party mentality , like you're young and I'm not saying don't go out I'm just saying maybe take an hour alone and reflect on why thats such a visceral need (besides hormones obviously)

Lets be frank though, lifting 2x a week and bjj 2x a week thats what? 4 or 6 hours?

going out with friends fridays and saturday nights?

you don't have a job, what in gods name are you doing the other 12 hours of monday through friday where this would be a serious boost to productivity anyway? navel gazing?

You should be waking up at 6am and going to bed at like 8 or 10pm , thats 14 to 16 hours a day , minus 2 hours for bathing and eating, 5 days a week, you have 60 hours a week even with your exercise and social schedule.

What did you do yesterday? the day before? day before that?

beast3146

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 8, 2019
@MHP368 Yes that's what I'm working on right now. Landing some retainer seo clients. I have done a few one time jobs so far here and there but getting some freelance work to begin with is taking a bit to figure out.

The socialization....It just drives me insane if I don't do something social that week. And by going out I don't mean partying per se. I cut that out for a while now. I mean just having one day a week where I meet some friends,get together go to a bar/drinks or eat dinner together. And then lastly one other day separate for just going on dates with women. Basically fulfilling my social needs & my sexual needs.
So I feel like making room for that is important for me & my mental health. Since like I said I have tried the monk mode thing when I was 19 and only working on business with minimal going out & no sex that most of the year. That was one of my horrible years and I don't think that's the right way to go about "grinding" or business any more. I feel like its important to make room to socialize/release and take care of sexual needs.

As far as the schedule I was saying IF I was to get a full time job.

If I was to get a full time job given my situation. How does one balance working on business on top of afull time job, taking care of personal errands still such as meal prep,etc + lifting + BJJ + Going out w/ friends once a week+ having a sex life (once a week)...lol

At that point the whole schedule is too tight

Monkeycom

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Aug 20, 2019
UK

I can help you to find clients for your marketing agency. Drop me a pm if it's still a plan.
Regarding handling your 9-5 with your business.. Learn how to sleep faster !

Once I started, I was able to..
- work 55h on my business
- work 35h at my 9-5
- Bodybuilding 5x a week
- Having a wife
.... And that's it!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.