The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello

Soleo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Nov 11, 2016
Texas
First and foremost, I'm excited about joining this community and am looking forward to reading and learning from the experience of others as well as providing my own insight.

A little back story about me:
I started my journey into entrepreneurship around the age of 22 and tried many things at which I failed miserably. Some were legitimate opportunities I didn't have "time" to really pursue, others were get rich quick schemes. (It's unfortunate to admit that I fell for and lost money to some scams)

Before I go any further, I do want to note that I am currently employed working 10 hours daily at a job that pays me well. I have been with the company for 13 years now.

With the above being said, I started my career at 21 but wanted to achieve more. My career path was not my primary goal in life, just a means to survive and pursue entrepreneurship. Unfortunately, I was young and immature at the time. While I had the drive, I was easily "persuaded" that I would never succeed. Essentially, I would give up after hearing "You won't ever make it" many times including the "I told you so" after not making a breakthrough after a short time of working. Again, my biggest pitfall was that I felt I didn't have "time". How can something succeed with out investment of time? What I learned, it can't.

I gave up entrepreneurship at around the age of 27 and stayed doing the same routine day in and day out. I never lost interest, I just started believing what people told me.

When I was 34, I was talking to a close elderly friend about my ambitions. The following is a paraphrased version of what he said.

"You can't change life! You work everyday, miserably, for 20 years then retire. When you retire you're miserable because you barely made it out and have just enough to survive. Then you die! That's how life is! Be grateful you have a job. There is no reason to pursue anything else."

As I was laying in bed that night, I began thinking of what was said. I began picturing myself on my deathbed at 90 years old, wondering where would my life have gone had I just tried.

The next day, the idea for a company came to me. I called my cousin, who is an amazing programmer, to see if he was interested in partnering. He was interested and liked the idea. We began working on it and launched February 2016. I learned some programing, marketing, advertisement, and negotiation amongst other things to ensure we are successful. Due to him having failed a few times, he was skeptical at first, but quickly changed his attitude after our first contract. ...and I have heard "You won't make it", but I not longer believe them. The company has made some fairly large contracts and I still hear it.

Two quotes I live by: I can't remember who wrote them so I apologize for not giving them credit.

"At first they say you'll never do it, later they ask how you did it"

"Those who are successful don't say I can't do it. If they don't know how to do something, they learn how to do it"

As far as how I got them time to do this company. I gave up some things. I work 10 hours at my day job, spend time with my family, after dinner I start working on my company until the wee hours of the morning. Sleep 4-5 hours, wake up and do it again. On my days off, I usually put in 10-12 hours and catch up on sleep and family time. Most of my time used to go to family, work, and gaming. I have since sold my gaming systems so I would not be tempted or distracted.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...